C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Remote volume ramp speed

tratliff

The Control4 remote works great however using the volume +- buttons it is very slow to increase or decrease the volume level.

Is there a way to increase the speed at which the volume ramps up and down? The receiver handles the volume and the original remote that came with the receiver did a good job at controlling volume. The Control4 remote takes forever to significantly raise or lower volume.

I have looked everywhere for some type of setting that controls this but have found nothing. There is nothing in the receiver setup to adjust the volume speed. Anything in the Control4 setup to try? Thanks for the help.

Check the driver for the delay between individual commands. Most have a 500ms delay before the next command, assuming you are using IR. You can lower that. I have had many devices that work just fine at 50ms. Just play with it for optimal response. You will have to delete the old driver and re-add it and re-bind it to make it work.

I agree with schlepp571... check the driver see what the pauses between pulses are - and hike... that's not a bad idea too - even with the factory remote - there have been times I've wanted to quickly move the volume up / down - that'd would do it! :)

There is nothing wrong with the system tratliff - so I don't quite understand why C4 would try and improve upon it? In all of our setups you simple hold the vol+ or vol- key and it changes the volume at about the same rate as using the original remote... so why would C4 improve upon this?

Ryan - thanks for your help and coming to these forums.

yes, that part if know (right-click to edit driver). but where would I change the repeat rate or inter-IR delay?

Device info.: nothing there applies

Codes: volume up and down are default codes and can't be editted

Macros: ?

only thing i like about serial drivers on the receiver is discrete volume control... other than that your right, serial drivers are a big pain and never seem to work right and react slow.... I get by using a denon with the power on volume set to a specific level. (in the denon setup) Its a good compromise.

Archived