C4 Forums | Control4

SR250 button for changing lights

drmark12pa

I'm trying to figure out an easy way to program one of the buttons on my SR250 remote (I've been using red, green, and yellow so far) to "notch" my lights to a certain setting.... so far 100% with red, 50% with green, and 10% with yellow.  However, I would like to use just one button for notching up or down for dimming if possible to a preset level.  Any easy way of programming this?

I'm trying to figure out an easy way to program one of the buttons on my SR250 remote (I've been using red, green, and yellow so far) to "notch" my lights to a certain setting.... so far 100% with red, 50% with green, and 10% with yellow.  However, I would like to use just one button for notching up or down for dimming if possible to a preset level.  Any easy way of programming this?

Not necessarily easy if you haven't done it before.  But you can create a number variable called lighting level and have one of the colored buttons increase the value of the number variable by 1.  Each number would execute a particular lighting level (10%, 50%,100% etc).

Which is by light vs all of them (not sure the numbers and press and hold work on advanced lighting scenes, I'll have to check that out).

But the mentioned number variable option would be yopu best bet to put it on a 'direct' button. I'd recommend starting a timer on first press of a second or so and have the timer expired programmed to set the variable back to 0.

I basically want say the green button to notch up the lighting by say 30% with each press all the way to 100%. Then I want it to notch it back down to 10%. 

I know you can go under lights and hit the corresponding button for lighting but I like just one press and it works great now using all 4 color buttons but it would be nice to free those buttons up especially when Directv tends to use those buttons I get menus popping up and such...

Here's what I'd suggest after reading your last post.

When green button is pressed:

If light level equal 0

Set light to 29%

Stop

If light level equal 29%

Set light to 59%

Stop

If light level equal 59%

Set light to 89%

Stop

If light level equal 89%

Set light to 100%

Stop

If light level equal 100%

Set light to 90%

Stop

If light level equal 90%

Set light to 80%

Stop

Etc... All the way turn to 0%.

Make sure you use unique numbers for the way up versus the way down.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

Here's what I'd suggest after reading your last post.

When green button is pressed:

If light level equal 0

Set light to 29%

Stop

If light level equal 29%

Set light to 59%

Stop

If light level equal 59%

Set light to 89%

Stop

If light level equal 89%

Set light to 100%

Stop

If light level equal 100%

Set light to 90%

Stop

If light level equal 90%

Set light to 80%

Stop

Etc... All the way turn to 0%.

Make sure you use unique numbers for the way up versus the way down.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

That looks like what I was thinking to maybe use odd numbers on way up, even on way down so it would know which direction to go....

Thanks for the idea, will start on it!

Archived