C4 Forums | Control4

Remote Programming etc for you DIY Guys

AK1

I would like to take a moment and recognize the work these guys do. I was not sure where to go for help and the company that installed my Control 4 was now unresponsive. I am a 60 year old male and not real sure how these things work to be honest. Kyle and Andy took the time to explain what was going on with my system, walked me through how to set up a static IP on my router, and fixed my problem in under 1 hour.

These guys are really good at what they do and I would recommend them to anyone in need of this support.

Great Job guys.

On 5/2/2021 at 11:27 AM, BrianK said:

I moved my support to Coolabode in August 2020 after finally tiring of the poor service from my original installer. Andrzej has helped me a couple of times since then with some remote control programming and a few issues with C4 and Sonos integration. And I recently worked with Kyle on another Sonos-related issue which ended up being hardware-related (old Sonos Connect output failed).

In every instance, with both Andrzej and Kyle, I received a very quick response to my initial request and great communication and service throughout the entire process. And their pricing is very fair.

I highly recommend engaging the Coolabode team!

Thank you very much @BrianK.  That issue was a tough one to diagnose!

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking for some help with my system when my local company couldn't help me. I saw this thread and contacted Coolabode. I was a little apprehensive giving access to my system to a company in another country whom I hadn't met.  I have to say I have had a stellar experience. Not only did they respond quickly but they answered my questions without any problem and quickly remotely programmed everything I needed. I worked with Kyle and could not have asked for a better more knowledgable person. I am so glad I tried them and am already talking to them about a new project. I wish I would have heard about them earlier. 

• 5 weeks later...

Agreed wholeheartedly with all the other comments above mine. The response time is incredible. My original installer (who did a great job as well) unfortunately isn't open when issues arise at odd hours. Andrzej replied to my original inquiry within 15 minutes and had a new Nvidia Shield up and running on my system within 12 hours (and 11 of those are because I didn't respond to him until the next morning).

I have worked with a bunch of different integrators over the course of the years at different homes and in multiple states and honestly I have never worked with anyone as responsive. If you need any issue fixed I really cannot recommend these guys enough.  

I have to give another thumbs up to the guys at Coolabode. After having them do the remote programming I needed on my main system, I decided to add C4 to our vacation house. They were incredible. Kyle initially helped me plan and get my controller set up and updated; Andrzej worked with me on a weekend and we were able to get everything up and running. System working great. My family is even happy with it. If you are looking for remote programming, driver installation, etc they are the guys to call.

• 3 months later...

We used Coolabode for a large DIY setup and programming project in New York.  They worked completely remotely to configure an existing C4 system that came with our home.  After we bought the home, we did a major renovation including new wiring (IT, alarm, security cameras and speakers).  We also added 3rd party relays and sensors (leaks, freeze, door state, water valve control, etc).  Coolabode helped with the dealer-end configuration, and provided consulting on the consumer-side work (Composer HE).  VERY professional and knowledgeable.  Happy to answer "newbie" questions as well as research tougher configuration issues.  When we moved in after the big remodel, the C4 system worked exactly as spec'd.  I highly recommend them if you're inclined to do a DIY Control4 project.

16 hours ago, DougP3z said:

We used Coolabode for a large DIY setup and programming project in New York.  They worked completely remotely to configure an existing C4 system that came with our home.  After we bought the home, we did a major renovation including new wiring (IT, alarm, security cameras and speakers).  We also added 3rd party relays and sensors (leaks, freeze, door state, water valve control, etc).  Coolabode helped with the dealer-end configuration, and provided consulting on the consumer-side work (Composer HE).  VERY professional and knowledgeable.  Happy to answer "newbie" questions as well as research tougher configuration issues.  When we moved in after the big remodel, the C4 system worked exactly as spec'd.  I highly recommend them if you're inclined to do a DIY Control4 project.

Great working with you Doug! Your knowledge on your hardware made it a breeze. 

A big thank you and recommendation to Kyle and his colleagues for updating my Home Theater system.

I had upgraded source components (which had stopped responding to Control4 commands used for the previous version of the same source) and planned the future addition of a Lumagen video processor, my original installer had no interest in offering continued support leaving me with a 'broken' system.  Fortunately I was able to find support from Coolabode and now fully functioning again with all my source components and Lumagen fully integrated.

The majority of the changes were performed following email and a single conference call, this enabled the changes to be made and effective in a timely manner.  

Based on my experience I can thoroughly recommend Coolabode as a solution for Control4 advanced programming and support.

15 hours ago, Philistine said:

A big thank you and recommendation to Kyle and his colleagues for updating my Home Theater system.

I had upgraded source components (which had stopped responding to Control4 commands used for the previous version of the same source) and planned the future addition of a Lumagen video processor, my original installer had no interest in offering continued support leaving me with a 'broken' system.  Fortunately I was able to find support from Coolabode and now fully functioning again with all my source components and Lumagen fully integrated.

The majority of the changes were performed following email and a single conference call, this enabled the changes to be made and effective in a timely manner.  

Based on my experience I can thoroughly recommend Coolabode as a solution for Control4 advanced programming and support.

Great working with you Philip. Glad it's running smoothly now!

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to take the time to say how good Kyle and Andrzej from Coolabode have been fixing a fault on my system remotely.

It wasn't an easy fix, but you know sometimes some people are prepared to put in that extra effort that makes all the difference and that's what these guys did.

I'm glad I found someone I can rely on in the future.

Thanks again

1 hour ago, Mono said:

I just wanted to take the time to say how good Kyle and Andrzej from Coolabode have been fixing a fault on my system remotely.

It wasn't an easy fix, but you know sometimes some people are prepared to put in that extra effort that makes all the difference and that's what these guys did.

Thanks again

Thank you Mono for reminding me to write about my experience with Andzej and Kyle. I've been working with Coolabode for several years now on a variety of challenges on my poorly installed C4 system. Unfortunately, I was left abandoned by a local installer and I know just enough to be dangerous about my purchased components.

Andrzej did a great initial diagnostic that allowed us to "wake up" the system and begin maximizing my use of the C4 system. I've continued to rely on Coolabode and have more recently worked with Kyle who has been every bit as responsive and thorough as Andrzej.   

We're planning a cross country move and I'll be looking to them to help me make my C4 system "home buyer ready" which can also be a challenge. 

Thank you guys!!

I can confirm all of the positive posts about Coolabode. We moved into our home a year ago that had a dated C4 install (HC800, extender, several HC250’s, Binary video matrix).  My first calls to dealers in the area were either not returned, had 4+ weeks scheduling timeframes and the one I was able to get in a reasonable timeframe to change the owner information, change room names and get one network jack working cost me $800 for 120 minutes on-site.  

The C4forum was a great help and after reading some of the posts around remote servicing I reached out to Andrezj and his team. Kyle became my go-to and we worked a list to update the system, get new hardware installed and working as well as minor tweaks here and there.

They are quick to respond and affordable – making them my go-to for anything C4 related.

On 1/4/2022 at 9:51 AM, Mono said:

Thanks again

Glad we could help!

On 1/10/2022 at 7:47 AM, pvonnur said:

I can confirm all of the positive posts about Coolabode. We moved into our home a year ago that had a dated C4 install (HC800, extender, several HC250’s, Binary video matrix).  My first calls to dealers in the area were either not returned, had 4+ weeks scheduling timeframes and the one I was able to get in a reasonable timeframe to change the owner information, change room names and get one network jack working cost me $800 for 120 minutes on-site.  

The C4forum was a great help and after reading some of the posts around remote servicing I reached out to Andrezj and his team. Kyle became my go-to and we worked a list to update the system, get new hardware installed and working as well as minor tweaks here and there.

They are quick to respond and affordable – making them my go-to for anything C4 related.

Thanks for the kind words @pvonnur it was a pleasure working with you. Its sad to see many of these local dealers fleecing Control4 homeowners. Glad we can help you in a timely manner!

On 1/4/2022 at 11:18 AM, nierbopj said:

Thank you Mono for reminding me to write about my experience with Andzej and Kyle. I've been working with Coolabode for several years now on a variety of challenges on my poorly installed C4 system. Unfortunately, I was left abandoned by a local installer and I know just enough to be dangerous about my purchased components.

Andrzej did a great initial diagnostic that allowed us to "wake up" the system and begin maximizing my use of the C4 system. I've continued to rely on Coolabode and have more recently worked with Kyle who has been every bit as responsive and thorough as Andrzej.   

We're planning a cross country move and I'll be looking to them to help me make my C4 system "home buyer ready" which can also be a challenge. 

Thank you guys!!

Thanks for the kinds words and we are always here for you @nierbopj! One of the big bonuses of a remote dealer who is responsive and aware of the homeowners situation is that you decrease the chances of getting abandoned by your dealer at the worst possible time. Enjoy the cross country move!

On 1/19/2022 at 3:28 PM, dlaugh said:

Just tapped this team to do some quick work on a new home I've moved into.  I swapped out TVs and they got them up and running navigating some tricky IP control issues in a snap.  I expect to continue to rely on them to help on issues I can't solve in ComposerHE.

Always glad to help David!

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to add my plug for these guys as well. I reached out for some help with remote setup of new TV’s and some drivers and these guys were quick to respond and very easy to work with. They have the remote programming process down and know exactly what questions to ask and provide detailed instructions for how to work with them. Highly recommend. 

On 3/22/2022 at 5:09 AM, buckeye said:

Just wanted to add my plug for these guys as well. I reached out for some help with remote setup of new TV’s and some drivers and these guys were quick to respond and very easy to work with. They have the remote programming process down and know exactly what questions to ask and provide detailed instructions for how to work with them. Highly recommend. 

Pleasure working with you!

• 5 months later...

I reached out to the team at CoolAbode to address some issues with my system that I didn’t want to wait for my local dealer to fix. 

They responded back immediately. Took the time to have an initial session with me before any programming was done to see what I was looking to accomplish. They listened to what I had to say and was able to do what I wanted. They even offered up suggestions to tackle things that were done previously and do them better now. 

All work was done remotely and quickly. They were very easy to work with and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a new integrator. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2022 at 5:54 PM, khillyard said:

I reached out to the team at CoolAbode to address some issues with my system that I didn’t want to wait for my local dealer to fix. 

They responded back immediately. Took the time to have an initial session with me before any programming was done to see what I was looking to accomplish. They listened to what I had to say and was able to do what I wanted. They even offered up suggestions to tackle things that were done previously and do them better now. 

All work was done remotely and quickly. They were very easy to work with and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a new integrator. 

Thank you Kenny! Glad to help :)

Snap one recently awarded Coolabode the Control4 Circle Of Excellence award at CEDIA for:

• Pushing the envelope in innovation
• Having market leading smart home strategies
• Having cemented ourselves as an industry leader in home automation

This is a great honour for us as there are there are 6000 dealers worldwide, 600 dealers in Canada and only 6 Canadian dealers recognized.

We at Coolabode would like to thank all of our excellent clients for trusting us to deliver their home automation needs. We look forward to continuing to push innovation further!

Email Signature - Circle of the Excellence.png

• 1 month later...

I have been using these fellows to troubleshoot issues with a system in a house I've moved into.  They've been great, including with a couple of especially thorny problems -- integrating a TV that did not want to play nice with the rest of the system, and resuscitating a piece of hardware the old owners weren't using so I could further expand the system.

Top recommendations all around!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.