C4 Forums | Control4

Custom Buttons on System Remote Doesn't Work Properly

I don't know if it's just me, but none of the System Remotes I've set up work with custom buttons. You select House, scroll to Custom Buttons, and it gives what seems like totally random custbom buttons throughout the house, and none of them work right (at least last time I tried it).

FIX: Don't use the LCD Display on the system remote for Custom Buttons. Use the OSD.

They work blank, but you can't see what they are selecting on the LCD. :lol:

We've had quite a few instances of custom buttons and they've always worked fine for us on the LCD of the remote. Just did one today to turn on a fireplace and embers. (2 separate connections linked together)

I thought 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9... :D was supposed to have fixed this but I noticed it today.

I've got two rooms with DVR's so we created two tabs one for each room with Live, List, A, B, C and now when I look at the buttons I get duplicates, etc. I haven't begun to troubleshoot yet.

We have like 4 system remotes that the LCDs are just Blank...

I am in a process of replacing remote like this. LCD is not blank - it just got awful contrast - almost none - but if you get magnifying glass and good light - you can see text on the screen.

Yes, that's C4's whole "razorblade" approach. Sell remotes, than tell the whomowner they have to get a magnifying glass to read the LCD. :D

Out of 8 remotes we've had 3 failures. One was where the screen would start out ok but any time you pressed a button then it would get that "contrast" you may be referring to...basically you couldn't see anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a new one... besides the screen being blank. Client called regarding a problem with his system remote LCD... all the text was backwards. I wouldn't have believed it either if I didn't see it with my own eyes. Didn't need a magnifying glass for that one... he needed a mirror. :lol:

Archived