C4 Forums | Control4

Updgrading the HC500 Controller

surfowl

I'm running an HC-300 that is not running Navigator as my master.

I have an HTC that runs a SD on-screen and the Zigbee server in my home.

50-60 lights, several 10-button and MTS keypads.

RyanE

I have an HC-500 with Navigator running on it (and this is my DIRECTOR in the project). An HC-300 with Navigator running on it, and a few HTC's running Navigator as well. Many other devices, like MTS, LCD, 10.5", Speakerpoints, Tuner w/XM etc.. etc.. as well (all C4 gear).

Thanks so much for your info. while we are on the subject of bogging down the system. what effect do net cams have on the system. I currently have a 4 channel axis server and it does not seem to slow the system down, but I am in the process of adding about 6 panasonic cams.

Thanks again!

tebery

Nothing really...

The system ignores them until you call them up on an interface... like the 10.5" TS... then the 10.5" TS is talking directly to that camera... so it's only the 10.5" TS that's doing any work at that point. Not the entire system.

if you guys want to see what processes are taxing your system, run system diagnostics in composer, and then play around w/ cams, media, screensavers, programming scripts....and watch the cup meter and system % collumn...

• 2 months later...

So I upgraded my MC to a 500 and am very happy I made the change. Delays are no longer an issue and cover art pops up on the TVs and remotes very quickly. I have 10,000 + songs loaded and it might take 1 - 2 seconds to load the art work.

Now, I am trying to decide on the 10.5 Touchscreen Remote??? Any thoughts?

panamagixxer,

are you using the hard drive on the 500 or do you have NAS?

also I am thinking of getting rid of my 10.5 TS. I have used it less than 10 times, mainly use it as a digital picture frame.

thanks

tebery

I use the hard drive on the 500 - have about 40gb used. We go out on the patio and listen to music at night to relax. I figured the remote with cover art would be cool, but have always been concerned with speed associated with pulling up albums when you have a large collection.

You don't use yours that way?

Archived