C4 Forums | Control4

Amp and System Manager

dburton

We had an issue with one of our first installs with the amp. Client had a power outage and the electricians had not connected the generator to the house. Power was out for about 4 hours and when it came back on the amp would not power back up. When we swapped it out the new amp was acting very strange as well. When we called tech they told us that the amp would have to update itself (!) which it does in fact do "only" if it is hooked up via ethernet. The MC "sees" the amp in the programming and will update it automatically. Once we reset the amp, it did in fact update and worked great from that point forward. Hope this helps :)

• 4 years later...

Help. I have a 16 channel amp, my speaker wires were shorted for a sec, and now the amp will not play thru those speakers. The message on the front of the amp says "shorted output" How can I reset this?

is there a manual for this online somewhere???

Thanks

Help. I have a 16 channel amp, my speaker wires were shorted for a sec, and now the amp will not play thru those speakers. The message on the front of the amp says "shorted output" How can I reset this?

is there a manual for this online somewhere???

Thanks

Have you tried unplugging for a few minutes?

Archived