C4 Forums | Control4

2Wire Gateway

chambrick

Has anyone run into a 2Wire gateway? Did you break it? :lol:

Is it proprietary to certain ISPs? In other words can you replace it with a mainstream brand Gateway (i.e. Netgear, Linksys, etc.)? If so how? I've tried to no avail (although I didn't try too hard). I've already blown my time budget on this project and am going into the red so I would rather just find an answer from someone who might have it.

I've got a client that has one and it wont play nice with other wireless devices. I'm trying to add WAP's to other parts of the house so this guy wont want to return his currently useless $2K 10.5 tp.

What is a 2Wire Gateway? Have you tried to plugging the output into another Router... Essentially Nat within Nat... Technically it's virtually impossible for a Router to block Sub Networking Nat, unless it had a very elaborate Firewall that analyzes packets not just ports.

Once you are able to build your own internal network everything else should fall into place. The only issue you may come across is inbound port forwarding may be a little tricky, but do-able.

I'm not sure if this answers your question so let me know.

Archived