C4 Forums | Control4

Sony VPL-VW95ES HD Projector

Kevin L

Sony VPL-VW95ES High End HD Projector up for sale! I am in the process of upgrading my theater and stepping up to a different model. This projector has been amazing and has picture quality that will blow you away. It has a brand new bulb in it. Comes with the original remote and 9 3D glasses. Yup 9! the whole family can watch 3D!! This projector originally came out for $12,000 and then Sony lowered its price to $9000. This is your chance to own a high end projector for an amazing price! $2,499

http://imgur.com/a/IGUxE

Hmmm...I have 9 seats in my theater and only currently 2 pair of 3D glasses. How would this projector compare to my Epson 4030?

Now, I realize it's a whole different ballgame, but just curious what advantages I would notice. I've been happy with the 4030.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how to answer the question.. On paper the Epson is much brighter but cant really comment on the picture quality differences.. Sony makes some of the best projectors out there and it also supports higher frame 1080P signals etc 

7 hours ago, c44me said:

I demo'd both the Epson's and the Sony's.  I bought a Sony and have been thrilled.  Much better picture.

Thank you for the feedback. I definitely get compliments on the picture quality all the time. People are usually shocked. It's pretty amazing what Sony projectors are capable of reproducing 

Epsons are nice - but that Sony is of a different class altogether. even if you take the lowered original price of 9k - that's what, nearly triple the Epson price?

The two can't really compare side by side.

Heck if I had the money right now I'd pick it up for that price myself...

I should add that I went into the demo fully expecting to buy a Epson based on specs and reviews online and from projectorcentral.  I am not a Sony fan either based on my history with their products.  All that being said, I bought the Sony and now have Sony player as well.  Every time I watch the thing I am in awe of the picture, and I have had projectors for over 20yrs.

• 5 weeks later...

Some guy from craigslist wanted it.. had a few chats but when I told him id have someone meet him locally (hes in another state) so he could test it and hed have to pay cash he disappeared.. AKA someone who wanted to pay with paypal and dispute the charge 

Archived