C4 Forums | Control4

Keypad dimmer programming

dbuono

I have a keypad dimmer and some new dimmers in a master bath.  The top button on the keypad controls the can lights.  How can I make that same button control other dimmers in the same manner.  For instance, when top button pushed and released I want can lights and vanity lights to turn on.  And, when top button is held, I want the can lights and vanity lights to ramp up and down.  I know the keypad does this by default for the can lights, but the real question I am having is how do I attached the vanity lights to the same action?  Do I bind them together?  Do I bind the vanity lights to the cans (or to the button)?  How is this actually done?

Thanks

Depends on what you want - note that it will require pro.

If you want to retain individual control, you create a lighting scene, and tie it to the button instead of the light. Assuming the scene gets set properly, and you have current lighting, you'll have control as if it's single light from that button.

If you ALWAYS want the to work together, there's a special driver for that which combines multiple lights (of the same 'type' as in all dimmer or all switch) into one in all respects except for the actual electrical load.

Thanks Cyknight - the first solution does work.  The only fear I have there is that I want the hard button to work for the cans in case of a zigbee failure (that is making sure my wife has at least one light control readily accessible in such an event).  As for the second option, what is the name of the driver that you are referencing?

The second option could do the 'failover' actually. Though the individual light disappears from screens etc, you can keep the existing binding in place, and the driver handles the other light automatically. This assumes of course that exiting connection is a -control load- setting.

The drivers are called Group Dimmer or Group Switch (or was it Dimmer Group?).

Please do note that these drivers ONLY work on the current gen of lighting.

Archived