C4 Forums | Control4

Why does this not work?

SMHarman

So I have a macro for the building front door buzzer. Very boring, hacked a relay to also bridge the door buzzer.

Door macro

• Close relay
  • Wait 5s
  • Open  relay

The relay is one on my 800 the only hc in the project.

The macro works in composer and works on a button on the 5 button mini remote.

This button on the screen does not work though. The programming looks identical to the button.

On press execute macro.

Any reason or suggestion?

I could just put copy paste the macro code in here but it kinda defeats the point of a macro.

On 2.8.2.

518a75e0ef4f648335436ddbfe026756.jpg

I tried to replicate your problem but couldn't... I assume if you do something basic like turn a light in using the custom button, this works on all interfaces? If so, then running a macro should also, irrespective of what the macro does.

One question, what are the circle, square and triangle icons on the left of your screen? Looks like play, record and pause? I don't have that on any of my interfaces... Looks really cool but makes me wondering I am missing g something obvious?

Sorry, not much help.  Hope someone more qualified than me can assist!

One question, what are the circle, square and triangle icons on the left of your screen? Looks like play, record and pause? I don't have that on any of my interfaces... Looks really cool but makes me wondering I am missing g something obvious?

Sorry, not much help.  Hope someone more qualified than me can assist!

They are the android soft keys on my phone. Lol.

The Xperia z5 has no front physical buttons. Like Apple is just getting to on the iphone7. Instead you get these soft keys on the screen.

Try changing the macro to turn a light on and off - see if that functions. If not, delete the macro, create a new one and do the light. Eliminate issues with the macro or buzzer.

I don't think that's the issue, but get it confirmed.

Next, on press of button, set a variable to TRUE

On variable change, if true execute macro - macro does the buzzer as per above, and after the last line sets the variable to false. See if that works.

Archived