C4 Forums | Control4

Whats the best way to change LEDs on a two-button?

zaphod

I am attempting to use the LEDs to show status for something but it isn't always working correctly.  What is the best way to programmatically change the LED colors?  Do you have to set the LED On and then change the On color?  Or do you just change the current color and not worry about on/off status?  And if I want a LED off should I just change the color to black.

And what changes the LED to On or Off for a two button that isn't bound to anything?  Is that just done via programming?

I just use the colour (not the on / off) status). Yes, use black for off.  All of it can be done in programming but the LEDs have to be set to be programmable.  This is done in System Design in Pro. I don't think it can be done in Monitoring in HE although I must say I have never tried. My dealer set up all my light switches for me way back then and I have never had to change any of them. As I recall, for each button, one has the choice between the LEDs following the load, following the binding or being programmable. I seem to recall a fourth option too but not sure what that was. If you have not set this to programmable then expect erratic behaviour.

Archived