C4 Forums | Control4

Neat, and intuitive door handles

andy.cytexone

Thats sounds like an awesome idea. I'd be happy right now with just Backlighting.

It may be do-able what you said by detecting the closest Zigbee Jump point, but that would definately involve Control4 because they would have to code it.

I have a customer (even me personally) that constantly takes remotes from one room to another and he always complains that when he goes to change channels the channels in the other room change, lol.

Let's all figure a hack for the handheld remotes where we can put a sensor in each room and when the remote gets to that room it automagically changes to control that room.

No real need to "Hack" the remote... RFID does this already. Tag the remote with an RFID tag and have RFID recievers in each room. When RFID "remote #1" is detected in the living room RFID sensor it could (not sure how) tell C4 that and via serial connection kick off a script.

While not a "Cheap" solution its a doable one if you know someone with RFID knowledge and parts availability.

Let's all figure a hack for the handheld remotes where we can put a sensor in each room and when the remote gets to that room it automagically changes to control that room.

No real need to "Hack" the remote... RFID does this already. Tag the remote with an RFID tag and have RFID recievers in each room. When RFID "remote #1" is detected in the living room RFID sensor it could (not sure how) tell C4 that and via serial connection kick off a script.

While not a "Cheap" solution its a doable one if you know someone with RFID knowledge and parts availability.

How much do you think a solution like this would cost?

How much do you think a solution like this would cost?

Andy' date='

no idea really... I just know someone that works at the following company and we were kicking around idea like this on a different car sensing idea for my home... we hadnt even gotten to cost yet... just putting stuff on napkins :)

Here the company -- [url']http://alientechnology.com/

Archived