C4 Forums | Control4

the Russound CA4.4 or CA4.6

sfleck

Hey Steve

I recently setup a Russ Sound integrated with C4. What I had to do was take all of the little in wall controllers and mount them behind the rack in a row. I put on separate IR Emitters onto each device and made a separate Component for each zone.

It was a bit tedious but it works. Let me know if you need me to be more elaborate in the description.

Dan

Dan,

I did a system that was similiar to that but I didn't pull the keypads out of the wall but rather pulled the ir out of the cat5 ran them from the MC then stuck IR's on the keypads in place, works great. But here is the issue: when I did this 3 months a go there was no C4 driver so I did it all with custom buttons. Now there is a C4 driver that puts the controls on the interface and looks great, the issue I am having with there driver is, when you add it to composer it has all the right conections and you can bind it to each zone so everthing is great except it only has one IR binding so there is no way to control each zone/Keypad individually they all will fire at the same time. I need to be able to fire each zone IR seperatly or have the driver changed so it only has binding for each room and then just put one in each room in composer. I really like the on screen controls that C4 has for it but can't figure out how they planned on using it?

How exactly are you doing the controls for each room?

Did you use the C4 driver or create your own?

Any suggestions for this?

-Jeff

Premier Sight and Sound

• 5 years later...

Does anyone know if there is a serial driver for the Russound CA4? Anyone using it? It sounds like there is an RS-232 port "for automation systems and firmware updates" on this model and it looks like the forum has a driver for the CAV6. From the older posts above, it sounds like there may be an IR driver, but I may be reading into it too much.

I am having a hard time justifying the $1200+ for the C4 audio switch, since we don't listen to music a whole lot, but this looks like a good $500 ballpark alternative. Even with extra dealer time, this seems like it would be a good alternative.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey Steve

I recently setup a Russ Sound integrated with C4. What I had to do was take all of the little in wall controllers and mount them behind the rack in a row. I put on separate IR Emitters onto each device and made a separate Component for each zone.

It was a bit tedious but it works. Let me know if you need me to be more elaborate in the description.

Dan

Dan, curious why you would go thru that trouble? It's RS-232 controlled, so you don't even need the keypads to send audio to the zones. The RS-232 protocol is spelled out from Russound... Not saying it was wrong, just curious why you didn't consider that path?

Hey Steve

Dan

Dan' date=' curious why you would go thru that trouble? It's RS-232 controlled, so you don't even need the keypads to send audio to the zones. The RS-232 protocol is spelled out from Russound... Not saying it was wrong, just curious why you didn't consider that path?[/quote']

You realize the post you quoted is more than 5.5 years old, right?

Things have changed a lot since then...

Archived