C4 Forums | Control4

My project is locked

margdean

You have other issues going on. Try connecting your primary controller direct to the router, do a network reset and then try the update manager again. As you've noticed, while an update is in "progress" the project is locked from changes.

D1amund is right. However before you do the reset, and reconfiguring wiring, there are 2 mini touch screens and a speaker point. Those do not need to be updated. Click on cancel pending. Close composer. Open it again and go back to update manager. Should no longer be updating. Then hopefully it will no longer be locked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

msgreenf how i do that? My C4 controller is always connected to the router by the cable. I don't know why they tell me to connect my "primary controller to the router" Are they saying to connect the controller somehow different than that?

39 minutes ago, margdean said:

msgreenf how i do that? My C4 controller is always connected to the router by the cable. I don't know why they tell me to connect my "primary controller to the router" Are they saying to connect the controller somehow different than that?

what is your primary controller? an 800? 250?

@margdean

What msgreenf means is that there sometime a network switch connected to the controller and then to the router. He was suggesting to bypass the switch completely. Connecting the controller to one of the available ports on your router. Hope this makes sense. Happy Automating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived