C4 Forums | Control4

enable/disable wireless outlet switch

dutsnekcirf

Question

I've just designated a TV to be used as a Wii gaming TV for my kids.  I've plugged it into a wireless outlet switch and want to program it so that it'll be disabled between 9:00 pm and 8:00 am every day.  Is this possible?  

I created "Gaming TV Enable" and "Gaming TV Disable" scheduler agents and set them for 8:00 am and 9:00 pm respectively.  Under programming I select the either scheduler agent and for the "When Gaming TV Enable event executes" event I select the wireless outlet switch in the Actions pane but there are no actions to be performed on it.  Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

This seems like it should be a pretty simple thing to do.

4 answers to this question

It has to be bound to something whether its physical or virtual.  It could be bound to a real C4 keypad or switch or you could bind it to a generic relay driver for the virtual setup.  You would use the schedule agent to program that relay to open and close at the time intervals you choose.  Make sure to hide the keypad, switch, or relay from all navigators where you don't want anyone to have control of it.

dcovach is right. You need to bind the device to virtual drivers. Relay or light switch. Do you have composer HE? Or pro? If no pro, you will need your dealer to create the binding for you. And add the virtual drivers. Once done, on the right pane you will select the the virtual driver and then turn it on or off based in your schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived