C4 Forums | Control4

Still losing LED color on keypads after power outage

dburton

I was hoping this was fixed in the latest release of Composer - but, it isn't. Are others still having problems?

More alarmingly, I lost the colors on all my keypads two days ago (AGAIN!) WITHOUT a power outage! :(

The links to the dimmers and switches were retained, however.

Eric

it seems the keypads want to be the same colors as the switches/dimmers.

if i use non-custom colors and after the keypads lose their color programming ... eventually it appears that SOME of the buttons on the keypads assume the colors of the non-custom switches/dimmers. but the rest remain unlit for the custom colors.

if they created a seperate programming page for custom colors of led's THAT WORKED .... we could just select the color and something like "Apply To:" ... i would be happy with that.

it seems the keypads want to be the same colors as the switches/dimmers.

if i use non-custom colors and after the keypads lose their color programming ... eventually it appears that SOME of the buttons on the keypads assume the colors of the non-custom switches/dimmers. but the rest remain unlit for the custom colors.

if they created a seperate programming page for custom colors of led's THAT WORKED .... we could just select the color and something like "Apply To:" ... i would be happy with that.

Good idea. We have the same problem, but I haven't had the time to explore a solution. I'll certainly post it if I come up with one.

We lost colors on power outage.... Kinda strange actually why it happens... in fact on a power outage lots of other issues transpire, although I've found that after an outage, the boxes that don't reconnect we just perform a software upgrade and they join back up no problem.

I wish there was a way to update all the devices on the network at the same time, instead of one at a time.

• 2 weeks later...

The router gets unplugged every couple of days here at my house (since I have it right in my family room where my kids can get to it...) and everytime the HTC loses its connection I lose the color on one led. I think it is the only one that I did drag and drop programming on when I originally installed everything in my house back in August-September. It is kind of weird.

Blake

Archived