C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Sky+HD / SkyQ / Sky Q Mini for Control4

alanchow

Hi Alan

Rolled about 10 of these drivers out now and its superb, I have a request perhaps for a future update, would it be possible to make the channel listing appear under "listen" for them audio only zones, a lot of people i deal with actually use there sky receivers for there radio functionality and in an audio only zone this is not possible without a screen to drive the sky gui or if the user knows the channel numbers off by heart, it would be cool to have the broadcast list available here.

16 hours ago, wild01 said:

Hi Alan

Rolled about 10 of these drivers out now and its superb, I have a request perhaps for a future update, would it be possible to make the channel listing appear under "listen" for them audio only zones, a lot of people i deal with actually use there sky receivers for there radio functionality and in an audio only zone this is not possible without a screen to drive the sky gui or if the user knows the channel numbers off by heart, it would be cool to have the broadcast list available here.

Thanks for the feedback.  Its something we wanted to do originally but Control4's Media Service Proxy didn't notify us if it where the request came from (watch or listen).  As such we couldn't actually implement this.  Its definately something i'd like to do if i can figure it out.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Alan, how do we get he updates now for your drivers ?

We are working on migration of all licences purchased from Houselogix to driverCentral.  Your dealer will need to install the driverCentral cloud driver and manually update the driver you have purchased on houselogix to the driverCentral version).  After that its all automatic.  When we issue an update the cloud driver will detect that you are running an older version and update it to the latest.

At this stage apart from migration to the new marketplace there are no new functionality so it is safe to keep using the houselogix versions.

We will be releasing 3 or 4 new drivers to coincide with CEDIA Expo though so keep your eyes peeled on the forums or our social media.

Alan,

That's a bit harsh we have about 3 or 4 of your drivers, which we are paying again for the install.

That's going to be about 1 hours work if someone is dialling in, if they even opened a account with Driver Central. 

If we do not Migrate will the drivers carry on working but just not update ?

10 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Alan,

That's a bit harsh we have about 3 or 4 of your drivers, which we are paying again for the install.

That's going to be about 1 hours work if someone is dialling in, if they even opened a account with Driver Central. 

If we do not Migrate will the drivers carry on working but just not update ?

Yep it is not manditory for you to migrate.  You can just do nothing and it'll work forever even if houselogix were to shut shop (which they arn't).

We are committed to supporting those who have purchased off of us hence why we are offering migration for those who want to update their drivers to the latest versions.

I just want to add that without the support of paying customers we honestly can't do this as a business so it would be silly for us to not support those who support us:)  So we do everything we can do to make those who have bought licences off of us happy.

• 1 month later...

My first every attempt at debug !!! 

Hope that means something !!!!

DEBUG MODE = PRINT AND LOG
09/09/2017 09:03:06 - ReceivedFromProxy [5001] : getTabs
09/09/2017 09:03:06 - ROOMID
09/09/2017 09:03:06 - NAVID
 c4-7DA73263-7BDD-4C36-A2D2-0FA81F23229D
09/09/2017 09:03:06 - SEQ
09/09/2017 09:03:06 - LOCALE
 en-GB
09/09/2017 09:03:06 - ARGS
 <args/>
09/09/2017 09:03:07 - ReceivedFromProxy [5001] : getData
09/09/2017 09:03:07 - ROOMID
09/09/2017 09:03:07 - NAVID
 c4-7DA73263-7BDD-4C36-A2D2-0FA81F23229D
09/09/2017 09:03:07 - LOCALE
 en-GB
09/09/2017 09:03:07 - SEQ
09/09/2017 09:03:07 - ARGS
 <args><arg name="name">getChannels</arg><arg name="start">0</arg><arg name="count">50</arg></args>

• 2 weeks later...

@alanchow I've got a licencing issue on one of my jobs. I think what's happened is the drivers updated to the one that uses driver central cloud key. I've tried re-registering it and installing the cloud driver etc but its just saying the key's used on another project. I've emailed in (Via driver centra, selected your driver) but had no response? Getting a bit twitchy now as it was the start of the week and the drivers running on a 7 day trial period atm. 

43 minutes ago, Benn Howard said:

@alanchow I've got a licencing issue on one of my jobs. I think what's happened is the drivers updated to the one that uses driver central cloud key. I've tried re-registering it and installing the cloud driver etc but its just saying the key's used on another project. I've emailed in (Via driver centra, selected your driver) but had no response? Getting a bit twitchy now as it was the start of the week and the drivers running on a 7 day trial period atm. 

Note that all houselogix licences were migrated to driverCentral.  driverCentral is based in Denver which is Mountain Time.  Its 5:30 in the morning now so they're not going to be in the office for another 3 hours.  Only they can handle your licencing request.  I assume you have sent them the licence key so they can check it out for you.  Perhaps also send them the mac address as well so they can check their database.

1 hour ago, Benn Howard said:

It was 5 days ago now so I'm not too sure what to do other then send another email

I'm not sure what email address you are sending to but driverCentral's helpdesk operates via phone, ticket submission and live chat from 8:30 to 4:30 mountain time (they're open for another 20 minutes).

They've always been really responsive and if they can't resolve it they escalate it to me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.