C4 Forums | Control4

Touch screen

automan

I have a customer that would like to take a 50 plasma turn it into a touchscreen. I have a company that can make the panel a touchscreen. Can it be done to interact with c4 I am playing with a mini touchscreen trying to replace the screen with a bigger one.

I have seem the C4 gui on a generic 19 in touchscreen. It worked the ribbon was modified from the mini's port to fit. If that signal could be converted to a input on a lcd or a plasma. A touchscreen converter kit could be modified to fit the port from a c4 touchscreen to send the signal. Hey it's worth a try. I have seen it on crestron.

I have seem the C4 gui on a generic 19 in touchscreen. It worked the ribbon was modified from the mini's port to fit. If that signal could be converted to a input on a lcd or a plasma. A touchscreen converter kit could be modified to fit the port from a c4 touchscreen to send the signal. Hey it's worth a try. I have seen it on crestron.

The difference with Crestron is that Crestron actually manufactures a Touch Panel Interface thats will work with 3rd party TP's such as the Panasonic Touch Panel Overlay. As far as I know, BUT I may be wrong, C4 does not allow 3rd party TP's interfaces.

When we create TP's of this size we always use the Panasonic Commercial Models exclusively. The most popular one we sell/install is the 50" 1080P Plasma Commercial Monitor (TH-50PF11UK). We are currently doing two installations of these as TP's.

You are correct that is what this company did in M.J. Blige's house. I was able to get the Gui on to a larger Touch screen. Next week I am trying it with an generic overlay for a lcd. This is getting expensive. Fun but expensive.However this customer is happy with the concept of the i-pod touch interface.

I hope so. At least it should be in driver works. That and the ability to change the look of the Gui I have seen other looks of the gui but I haven't tried it on a HC300. i did it on a home theater controller. My old laptop fell off of a terrace and fell 15 floors. A very sad day

Archived