C4 Forums | Control4

town and counrty fireplace integration question

wick

good day everyone    i have a random question that seems to have me and the fireplace guys both stumped....

here it is   i have a town and country fireplace   with " wall switch"    and remote    it all works how it should   push a button and the power vent turns on and 15 sec later my igniter goes and there is flame  woo hooo!!!

now the module is "integration ready" meaning if i connect  connect two  wires it should replicate what the remote does   but alas  it does not   i can get the module to beep but power vent does not power up and thus no flame  

the manufaturer has tried to help but they make the fireplaces  the modules are from somewhere else  and there technical help is limited

has any of u fine installers had an issue like this that could shed some light on this for me ????   it would be greatly appreciated 

We'll need a lot more information if we're going to help you.  What's the fireplace model?  What's the integration module's make and model (back of that box, perhaps?).  Are the two wires on the module expected to be a momentary contact or continuous on/off relay?  Where do you have the wires from the module connected to your C4 system?  What driver are you using to control that hardware?

I'm guessing (and this is just a guess) that you have a momentary contact configured, so the switch from C4 closes and then shortly opens again, when the fireplace expects the switch to close and stay closed.  If you remove the wires from your C4 system and just wire them together, does the fireplace turn on properly?

yup my bad    here is all the info  

fireplace is a town an country tcws54 series 

wall switch module  has no part number on it that i can see   but it has two rj45's on the back   one goes to the fireplace and one is an input from a home automation system .  according to the instructions  if i connect pin 8 ( which is the digital i/o for the flame ) to the common pin 1 and/or pin 5 it should turn on the power vent and then 15 secs later spark and ignite   it does not do that   if i do it thru my ea-5 relay  or me with a jumper  just holding the wires together     it does not fire up the power vent and thus no spark  

or flame  

i have the cat termed in configuration "b"  as per the instructions and have made a test jumper to bypass my c4 relays and see if i done screwed that up, but seems like the module isnt doing what its supposed to do .   was hoping some guru on here has had this problem before and could point me in some direction

• 2 years later...
On 4/20/2017 at 3:13 PM, wick said:

wall switch module  has no part number on it that i can see   but it has two rj45's on the back   one goes to the fireplace and one is an input from a home automation system .  according to the instructions  if i connect pin 8 ( which is the digital i/o for the flame ) to the common pin 1 and/or pin 5 it should turn on the power vent and then 15 secs later spark and ignite   it does not do that   if i do it thru my ea-5 relay  or me with a jumper  just holding the wires together     it does not fire up the power vent and thus no spark  

or flame  

i have the cat termed in configuration "b"  as per the instructions and have made a test jumper to bypass my c4 relays and see if i done screwed that up, but seems like the module isnt doing what its supposed to do .   was hoping some guru on here has had this problem before and could point me in some direction

Hi There, I am trying to do the exact same thing and have had the same result as you. Did you get anywhere with this? 

Thanks 

On 4/20/2017 at 3:13 PM, wick said:

or flame  

Hi There, I am trying to do the exact same thing and have had the same result as you. Did you get anywhere with this? 

Thanks 

• 9 months later...

Did you guys or anyone else ever figure this out? 

I have not yet attempted to integrate my T&C fireplaces with C4 but the description of the issue is the same as I am experiencing with the T&C Bluetooth app on one of my fireplaces (even had the wall module replaced and same issue) - module beeps but vent and flame do not trigger.  I have a second T&C fireplace which works via the app fine.  I was hoping to get this issue sorted out before exploring integration with C4.

• 2 years later...
On 12/6/2022 at 11:51 AM, Dutch Ricardo said:

Brown to NO and Blue/white to COM. Works fine.

Great.  This is on my punchlist as the T&C is now installed.  Regrettably, is was on the INSTALLER'S punchlist, but he didn't do it.

What did you use to do the switching?   I don't believe I have a home run to the controller, so I was planning on using a Shelly module.  Or maybe two of them: one for fire on/off and one for lights on/off

2 hours ago, cnicholson said:

Great.  This is on my punchlist as the T&C is now installed.  Regrettably, is was on the INSTALLER'S punchlist, but he didn't do it.

What did you use to do the switching?   I don't believe I have a home run to the controller, so I was planning on using a Shelly module.  Or maybe two of them: one for fire on/off and one for lights on/off

if it is a small current and voltage the controller have built in relays you can use. 3 series has 1 5 series has 4 and the io extender has 8. can also use a z2io with 2 if you need it wirelessly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.