C4 Forums | Control4

HTC Static IP Address

lasvegas_rob

Does anyone know how to assign a static IP to a HTC? I don't see anywhere I can manually enter an IP address, unlike on the MC. I have already told my router to assign the .2 addy to the HTC via its MAC addy, but I want to see if giving the HTC a static address will keep the digital audio from not playing when the network is unavailable.

You can do it two different ways. The fastest and easiest way is to probably go into Composer and select System Manager. If you can see the HTC on the System Manager, go to Network. Select Configure and you can define DHCP or static

The other way is you can bust out the OSD (on screen display) and go to Info, Network, and pretty much do what you would for a MTS.

You can do it two different ways. The fastest and easiest way is to probably go into Composer and select System Manager. If you can see the HTC on the System Manager, go to Network. Select Configure and you can define DHCP or static

The other way is you can bust out the OSD (on screen display) and go to Info, Network, and pretty much do what you would for a MTS.

Good call Taylor, I didn't think about setting it Via the OSD...

That's good to know, I always thought it had to be dynamic.

Blake

We were told by a C4 rep that even if the network went down (I think they were referring to the cable modem, specifically), the homeowner would still be able to play digital audio. If this isn't the case, we need to have the corrrect info so we know what to tell potential customers. As far as the network option, I don't see that in the info section on the OSD. All that shows up on the bar is about, director, themes, config, and cancel. This is both when i am connected to the network and when I am not.

We were told by a C4 rep that even if the network went down (I think they were referring to the cable modem, specifically), the homeowner would still be able to play digital audio. If this isn't the case, we need to have the corrrect info so we know what to tell potential customers. As far as the network option, I don't see that in the info section on the OSD. All that shows up on the bar is about, director, themes, config, and cancel. This is both when i am connected to the network and when I am not.

In this case, the network itself isn't down, just the internet connection. I can still access my server, print to a network printer, access other PCs on my network...

Is the cable modem functioning as the router also? I would suggest a stand alone router.

We have a house with 9 HTCs in it, never set a static IP for any of them, and have never had a problem.

There are routers out there that you can determine the IP address a dynamic device gets by assigning an IP to the MAC address isn't there? Never had a problem before but I believe there are.

Archived