C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - TP-Link Wifi Smart Home Driver Suite

alanchow

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Alan,

I am interested in using your driver with the HS-300 Power strips. I live in Argentina were we use the same outlets as Australia. The HS-300 that are sold in Australia have the American outlet or the Australian one? If it is the Australian one, do you know some online store that could ship to Argentina?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

Fernando

34 minutes ago, ferbor said:

Dear Alan,

I am interested in using your driver with the HS-300 Power strips. I live in Argentina were we use the same outlets as Australia. The HS-300 that are sold in Australia have the American outlet or the Australian one? If it is the Australian one, do you know some online store that could ship to Argentina?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

Fernando

We don't have it here in Australia.  I am utilising a HS-300 purchased from the US.  It is 110v only.  The US is a big market for us so we have to support US only products 😉

UPDATE

Added support for the following products

Both of these products are extremely unique in the market.  The in-wall dual outlet is perfect for those who like aesthetically pleasing discrete looks.  The Outdoor dual outlet is IP64 rated.  This means that its air-tight and rain proof.  Both of these are wifi controlled and offer individual control over each outlet.

https://chowmainsoft.com/tplink-control4

D5DGF5mUcAECoaQ.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone on here had an issue where some of your devices take on the IP address of one of your other TP-Link devices? Right now I have an HS220 and an HS105 that seem stuck on the IP address of one of my HS100s. I can't seem to get the IP addresses to change in Composer HE. As soon as I re-enter the correct IP address, it reverts back to the incorrect IP address from the other device. Attempted an EA5 reboot and that didn't fix it. 

30 minutes ago, rea said:

Has anyone on here had an issue where some of your devices take on the IP address of one of your other TP-Link devices? Right now I have an HS220 and an HS105 that seem stuck on the IP address of one of my HS100s. I can't seem to get the IP addresses to change in Composer HE. As soon as I re-enter the correct IP address, it reverts back to the incorrect IP address from the other device. Attempted an EA5 reboot and that didn't fix it. 

Sounds like you have auto discovery enabled without a mac address entered in.  Either disable it or enter in the correct mac address.

12 hours ago, alanchow said:

Sounds like you have auto discovery enabled without a mac address entered in.  Either disable it or enter in the correct mac address.

That was it! Thanks @alanchow...I definitely forgot to look at the MAC addresses. 

Follow up question for you or any of the other users of this driver: is there a way to program off a button press on the HS220? I've got several TP-Link devices in my project and my lone HS220 seems to be the only one that C4 has a hard time recognizing any action that I don't instigate from C4. All of my programming from C4 for it works great, but if I change the light level via physically pressing the switch or through the Kasa app, C4 doesn't seem to pick up anything has happened. My plugs (HS1xx) and bulbs all seems to provide very quick two-way feedback. 

9 hours ago, rea said:

That was it! Thanks @alanchow...I definitely forgot to look at the MAC addresses. 

Follow up question for you or any of the other users of this driver: is there a way to program off a button press on the HS220? I've got several TP-Link devices in my project and my lone HS220 seems to be the only one that C4 has a hard time recognizing any action that I don't instigate from C4. All of my programming from C4 for it works great, but if I change the light level via physically pressing the switch or through the Kasa app, C4 doesn't seem to pick up anything has happened. My plugs (HS1xx) and bulbs all seems to provide very quick two-way feedback. 

All of the drivers (including bulbs) poll for changes.  As such it may take about 30 seconds or so to obtain feedback.

19 hours ago, alanchow said:

All of the drivers (including bulbs) poll for changes.  As such it may take about 30 seconds or so to obtain feedback.

Thanks...I'll give this a try and see if it works. 

EDIT: @alanchow I gave this a try and even after 5 minutes I got no response from actions on the HS220. If I dim/turn on the bulb outside of C4, the light level doesn't update in C4 even after several minutes either (all other devices seem to do this very well). Thanks for all the help. I'll try and shoot Drivercentral a support ticket or have my dealer look into it when I add a couple more bulbs to the project in a couple of weeks. 

Edited by rea

• 1 month later...

UPDATE

Added support for the following products

• HS103 Outlet - 2 Pack MSRP $34.99 

• HS105 Outlet - Single Pack MSRP $22.99 2 Pack MSRP $39.99 

Both of these outlets are extremely affordable with the differences being the HS103 comes in 12amp where the HS105s come in 15amp ratings. 

Also created a replacement outlet light driver which is compatible with all drivers that can bind to the old Control4 outlet light driver which includes the Control4 Outlet Switch v1, Orvibo Wiwo, Belkin Wemo, TP-Link Smart Suite and more.  Supports Advanced Lighting Scenes, button bindings with color feedback, LightV2 proxy and more.

15 hours ago, msgreenf said:

How is that new light driver packaged? Where can I find it?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

included with the TP-Link driver zip.  Will be adding it to the other driver zips when i update the documentation to reflect.

On 6/18/2019 at 8:51 PM, alanchow said:

• HS105 Outlet - Single Pack MSRP $22.99 2 Pack MSRP $39.99 

Both of these outlets are extremely affordable with the differences being the HS103 comes in 12amp where the HS105s come in 15amp ratings. 

Also created a replacement outlet light driver which is compatible with all drivers that can bind to the old Control4 outlet light driver which includes the Control4 Outlet Switch v1, Orvibo Wiwo, Belkin Wemo, TP-Link Smart Suite and more.  Supports Advanced Lighting Scenes, button bindings with color feedback, LightV2 proxy and more.

Alan,

There is no HS105 driver in the 6-18 driver file.   Is there supposed to be?  Or use HS1xx or HS103 or HS107?

43 minutes ago, jfh said:

Alan,

There is no HS105 driver in the 6-18 driver file.   Is there supposed to be?  Or use HS1xx or HS103 or HS107?

The HS103 is also the HS105 driver.  You'll see it in composer as the HS103 / HS105 driver.  The only differences in the product is the amps they are rated to.

32 minutes ago, jfh said:

Thanks.  Can an HS105 be used with the HS1xx driver to get the wattage use info?  (In other words is the HS1xx driver a superset of the HS103/105 driver?)

The hardware itself does not support energy so no.

• 4 weeks later...

I want to use your Washing Machine experience driver and the TP Link driver with the HS110 to notify when the washing machine has finished.  How would I use the TP Link driver to do that?  It seems like it would be simple to setup to turn on and off a room with an XBox but don't know how to do the notification when the washer finishes?  

7 hours ago, Control-IT said:

I want to use your Washing Machine experience driver and the TP Link driver with the HS110 to notify when the washing machine has finished.  How would I use the TP Link driver to do that?  It seems like it would be simple to setup to turn on and off a room with an XBox but don't know how to do the notification when the washer finishes?  

The driver has minimum reached and maximum reached events.  You should utilise these events to tell the Washing Machine experience button to change its state from on to off and vice versa.

Note you will need to set the minimum and maximum properties to determine how much power your washing machine uses at idle and at an on state.

4 hours ago, Control-IT said:

Sorry for my ignorance but I’m looking to see the specific programming not an explanation of how it’s supposed to be done.  

See Page 10 on @alanchow's pdf guide: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5305718de4b0e8a52d75a8cc/t/5a792aa4f9619ae7e8f3931c/1517890230176/Chowmain+-+TP-Link+HS1XX+Installation+Guide.pdf

It's different than an Xbox, but it really isn't. I found with my washing machine that you don't really need to do the 20% boost so much...they tend to almost power off during their cycle. Will take a little trial and error, but is pretty easy to test. Feel free to PM me if you have struggles after trying. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have a serious problem with the HSXXX driver (for an HS1100).  The outlet turned off or turned off event fires every 30 seconds, regardless of state change.  The event should only fire when changing from on to off or vice versa.   My logs are getting flooded with messages so I had to pull the plug.  

Driver version is 20190619.   Doesn’t matter if Enable Auto discovery is set to true or false.

I haven’t checked to see if the HS105 driver has the same problem.

On 8/19/2019 at 8:02 AM, jfh said:

I have a serious problem with the HSXXX driver (for an HS1100).  The outlet turned off or turned off event fires every 30 seconds, regardless of state change.  The event should only fire when changing from on to off or vice versa.   My logs are getting flooded with messages so I had to pull the plug.  

Driver version is 20190619.   Doesn’t matter if Enable Auto discovery is set to true or false.

I haven’t checked to see if the HS105 driver has the same problem.

@alanchow can you verify this is an issue?