C4 Forums | Control4

HTC Keeps Freezing and Losing connection to Director

danlevine

We have a system we built that has one HTC that keeps losing connection to the director and getting very slow. We've tried just about everything, including multiple software updates.

The most recent change (last night) is we set a Static IP address to the HTC. The Director (MC) already has a static IP as well as another HTC on the network. This was the only unit that didn't and because it wasn't a director we didn't think it was necessary.

Hopefully this fixes the problem, I will report the findings.

Dan

Sounds like a problem on the network.. I'd check cabling and the switch.

Watch link lights - when it loses connection, do those go out then come back on? (Could be a defective port on the switch, or the HTC, or a short in the patch cables). Do you have anyway to test the cables (not just a simple signal - but something that will actually certify them for CAT5??). Try new cables, try a different port on the switch (or try a new switch all together).

• 1 month later...

Sorry, had nothing to do with the update, more my mistakes. The room (theater) still had the endpoint for the on-screen interface set to the MC. On top of that I had to tell the HTC to connect to the correct MC since we have multiple systems running here (staging and such). So my guess is it would have worked fine before the update, and is working fine now as well.

So my one rant, show me a theater being built that isn't hi-def, yet the HTC only has svideo out... I have enough problems with the interface without the lack of component output :)

Curt

We install mostly MC, but again, HTC = Home Theater Controller. To me an MC goes in the main server closet, runs most things, HTC goes in the theater and runs, well, the theater.

I will get over it either way if we can get a better remote :)

Curt

Archived