C4 Forums | Control4

Adding Audio Outputs in a Remote Location with an EA

MTS Power

I want to add a secondary controller in a remote location in the home. I'm running an EA5 primary and an EA3 for the secondary. I have an audio matrix and amp in that remote location connected to the output of the EA3

Do I need to add new cloud services for that remote EA or can I share the cloud services already in the project? There is no physical connection, other than network, to the primary controller or the matrix switch in the rack. I'm curious if the primary controller will handle the remote controller as an added audio output.

Currently, I do not see any of the cloud services in the project in that room (remote location)

• 4 weeks later...

you could also get the triad one amplifier it will have all of the services can run a sub,tv, and preout for another amplifier all with ethernet or wifi. also has 2 ir for control two. likely a better option that an ea1 in this case.

Just now, Matt Lowe said:

you could also get the triad one amplifier it will have all of the services can run a sub,tv, and preout for another amplifier all with ethernet or wifi. also has 2 ir for control two. likely a better option that an ea1 in this case.

nvm i re read that question.

if its an ea3 sounds like the connections are missing to the controller to the matrix or all of the above. in the end its not programmed correctly.

Archived