C4 Forums | Control4

Mounting a flat screen given my situation

eggzlot

So trying to do a retro fit situation in the living room.  No Ethernet or power behind the TV where I need to mount and could be tough getting wires there.

Was recommend this product: https://datacommelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/IS-45-0024-28-WEB-1.pdf

Few questions:

1) I’ll still have a media console under the TV - and I use Videostorm.  Should I put the VRX in the media cabinet and just run a short HDMI through the data comm product, or via the Ethernet key stone jack on the wall should I run another Ethernet wire thru the data comm product and then mount the VRX behind the tv and do a short HDMI into the TV?

2) To piggy back off point 1 - I want to control the TV via RS232 (older Panny VT Plasma without IP control) - I’ll have an hc250 in that media console so assuming I can also run a RS232 thru the data comm product unless its advisable to mount the VRX behind the TV as mentioned in point 1

3) I want this mount to be as flush as possible to the wall - only reason to get behind the TV would be for maintenance purposes so should be rarely.  Do not need to swivel to change viewing angles.  This is one reason I want to maybe leave the VRX in the console, so if I need to swap it out, reboot it, etc its just easier to access...but I am open to suggestions on type(s) of mounts?  Maybe one type of mount is very flat to the wall but allows to be tilted or something to access the VRX if its best to mount it behind the TV.

TV is 58’’ if that is helpful - may upgrade one day to a 65’’ so a bracket with some growing room would be nice.

Anything else I am missing?

I would recommend placing everything in the console if you have room. And I would recommend mounting the data comm.
product above the mount below the height of the top of the TV. This allows your wires to be accessible without pulling the TV off-the-wall because you can always use a ladder to get up above the height of the TV to make changes.

As for mounts, if tilt and articulation is not needed, then a simple skinny mount will do. Don’t over spend on the mount.

Then you will need appropriate cable length for the HDMI and RS232 cable. And a data cable would be wise as well. In case your new tv has net connectivity.

Happy Automating!!

10 hours ago, VINCELdUB said:

I would recommend placing everything in the console if you have room. And I would recommend mounting the data comm.
product above the mount below the height of the top of the TV. This allows your wires to be accessible without pulling the TV off-the-wall because you can always use a ladder to get up above the height of the TV to make changes.

As for mounts, if tilt and articulation is not needed, then a simple skinny mount will do. Don’t over spend on the mount.

Then you will need appropriate cable length for the HDMI and RS232 cable. And a data cable would be wise as well. In case your new tv has net connectivity.

Happy Automating!!

Turns out the wife wants it as close to the wall as possible because it is our living room and its a nicer room in the house too.  So I think I am narrowing down the search to a recessed articulating mount that can hold up to a 65'' tv.  so that likely limits the field and also puts me closer to the $175-$200 range after a quick google search

Archived