C4 Forums | Control4

Sony 777 RS232 can't control from MC

Kraven

Just hooked up 777 via rs232 cable came from Radio Shack 26-152B to a new MC. I have the latest driver from C4 but I can't get any ir controls. Is it the cable or something else.

I see the 777 on the screen but again when I try to cut on off from List view it does noting. Any ideas?

Do you know the pin out on that cable? I could just cut the end off and re wire this one. Not sure who locally would have that adaper or cable. Had a hard time today just finding the rs232 cable.

I'm sure Radio Shack has a DB9 to DB9 Null Modem Cable, Or you can get a DB9 Null Modem Adapter which is just a small Metal Piece that attaches to the end of the cable and changes it to Null Modem.

I'm sure there are pin diagrams on the internet for DB9 Serial cable wiring, especially for Null Modem. I'm not as familiar with making those wires, we have the ends that adapt it to RJ45 and you can make your own pin-out... I'm reluctant to try, primarily because it's sometimes a bit tricky to get serial devices up and running, especially because they don't give much feedback.

Dan

OK a null modem adapter was what I needed. Radio Shack # 26-264. Hopefully I can find some regular null modem cables from one of our distributors and keep those in stock. Thanks for all the help.

Archived