C4 Forums | Control4

Alexa help device "isn't responding"

Nehsmit

I've had an Echo integrated into my amp as a source however many times when I try to use Alexa to Turn On Kitchen I get "kitchen isn't responding. Please check it's network connection and power supply". It works however it works for other rooms. Can anyone please help?

TIA

Mine does that every once in awhile. Ill give Alexa a command and she says "that device is not responding". 2 seconds later the device activates. Tried re programming, re discovering new devices via Alexa. Couldn't get the issue fixed. Thinking its a back end Alexa issue?.. 

• 2 years later...

I'm getting the "device isn't responding please check the network and power supply" response with a couple of my frequent commands.  This is with the Epic-System driver.

I've sent discovery and nothing new was found.  The IP address of the Echo has not changed.  Most of my commands that I use daily work but two of my rooms have this problem.

Any insight on what may have happened or suggestions for a remedy?

Epic-Systems driver v1.80

C4 - 2.10

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2021 at 7:44 AM, AP-123 said:

I'm getting the "device isn't responding please check the network and power supply" response with a couple of my frequent commands.  This is with the Epic-System driver.

I've sent discovery and nothing new was found.  The IP address of the Echo has not changed.  Most of my commands that I use daily work but two of my rooms have this problem.

Any insight on what may have happened or suggestions for a remedy?

Epic-Systems driver v1.80

C4 - 2.10

Anyone else having this problem or have a solution.  I sent two emails to Ari <sales@epic-systems.com> with no response.

If I'm the only one, then I may have other issue. I've narrowed it down to one command it just happens to be the only command I would issue in that location.  I've asked Alexa to turn on Garage Sonos for years.  Not sure why it all of the sudden is not working.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I'm still on Version 180 of Ari's driver.  Alexa is still responding with "driver isn't responding" since November to a few of my commands.

Now, I just came back from a week trip and now receiving "I'm not quite sure what went wrong" to many more of my frequent commands.

I'd be grateful for any help as I use the Echo primarily with Control4.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.