C4 Forums | Control4

Handheld remote standby bug

I have noticed that if my handheld remote is in standby mode (after leaving it alone for about a day) and then I try to do something using the remote navigator, that it will not execute said commands. This has happened several times with selecting a playlist from the remote's navigator list, and has happened once since I installed lighting at my house. If I wake up the remote before doing anything (pressing the C4 button several times), and then select a task via the remote's navigator list, I am able to run commands without a hitch. I am running navigator version 1.2.3.43 on the remote. Has anyone else noticed this? It appears to be a bug, as far as I'm concerned.

My remote takes a long time to wake up. Not sure if this is what yours does, but it will bring up the Control4 Remote screen and sit there for a long time. Sometimes after the backlight turns off I have to hit the 4 button 3 or 4 more times to get it to do its thing. The remote I used at training did this too. For a while it didn't do this though... between updates maybe? I'd like to see this fixed.

Blake

This happens the first time I try to use the SRC after I reboot or turn on the controller (MC or HTC). However, it hasn't happened to me outside those conditions. There are sometimes days between people using the remote in our demo room, and the system responds first time without fail. I am certain that the initial delay is ZigBee related. Are there any other conditions under which it occurs that you can think of? I would like to try and replicate it here.

The problem with the System remotes not responding for minutes after a Reboot is definately a problem I hope C4 is aware of and working on. We have noticed some issues where remotes stop responding while a user is watching TV and puts the remote down for say 30 minutes or so. The remote goes non responsive for a while.

I personally have not been able to replicate the 30 minute delay problem, The reboot problem I've seen first hand...

Dan

This sounds eerily like a problem I've posted about. Sometimes the remote wakes up and is fine, other times it won't wake up without 4-5 button presses, other times it wont do anything at all. Is C4 looking into this?

Yep! That nails it right on the head. Sometimes is takes a few tries and sometimes it wakes up on the first button pushed.

Blake

Archived