C4 Forums | Control4

Generic Fixed IP Camera Driver

c4Iona

Looking to play with some Unifi Cameras.  is there a generic driver in c4 that will work?  

or

Does anyone have a copy of the free Generic Fixed IP Camera located at: http://www.yatundev.eu/drivers/generic-fixed-ip-camera. I am not a dealer but would like to get a copy of it.

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 1:46 PM, c4Iona said:

Looking to play with some Unifi Cameras.  is there a generic driver in c4 that will work?  

or

Does anyone have a copy of the free Generic Fixed IP Camera located at: http://www.yatundev.eu/drivers/generic-fixed-ip-camera. I am not a dealer but would like to get a copy of it.

Thanks in advance

There is an LTS driver that is not encrypted that does rtsp in the driver database.

Managed to install and configure the IP Camera (fixed, with H264) Driver (dated 12/18/2014) and am able to get the rtsp stream displaying on Apple IOS Control4 UI for each camera 😃 My camera does not support Snapshot URL or HTTP MJPEG Stream - only support RTSP.

However when you use the UI to navigate from Security-->Camera there is a grid of all the cameras but all with a waiting circle spinning round and round.  Is there anyway to configure this so that it uses the RTSP stream?

41 minutes ago, newbie-ap said:

Managed to install and configure the IP Camera (fixed, with H264) Driver (dated 12/18/2014) and am able to get the rtsp stream displaying on Apple IOS Control4 UI for each camera 😃 My camera does not support Snapshot URL or HTTP MJPEG Stream - only support RTSP.

However when you use the UI to navigate from Security-->Camera there is a grid of all the cameras but all with a waiting circle spinning round and round.  Is there anyway to configure this so that it uses the RTSP stream?

Isn't that supposed to be the snapshot? :D 
I don't think there is a way to change that. At least not that I know of.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
3 minutes ago, AdamWalther said:

I'm using this generic IP driver for a Bosch Flexidome Camera at a client's house, and I've got the camera working fine, however the snapshot isn't working for the thumbnail when I'm in the cameras page. Any ideas on how to fix this? Or if it is possible? Thanks in advance.

Try out my driver - it should support Bosch cameras

https://www.blackwiredesigns.com/store/c4-dahua-amcrest/

19 minutes ago, AdamWalther said:

I'm using this generic IP driver for a Bosch Flexidome Camera at a client's house, and I've got the camera working fine, however the snapshot isn't working for the thumbnail when I'm in the cameras page. Any ideas on how to fix this? Or if it is possible? Thanks in advance.

Of course, right after posting this I tried a few more things and was able to get it working. For anyone having issues with the same thing, what I had to do was change the .jpeg snapshot URL to "http://10.2.X.X:80/snap.jpg?" 

Hope this helps anyone else who needs it!

• 1 year later...
On 3/1/2019 at 5:47 PM, newbie-c4 said:

Please repost the driver

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.