C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Tstat question

spl147

No, the firmwares dont match, and from my understanding is that your controller needs to have zigbee pro firmware on it to see zigbee pro devices, and there's no firmware up/downgrade available to flash the zigbee pro devices.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you may have some difficulty making those work in your system.

Besides not having the power stealing option, I'm pretty sure they're also very likely ZigbeePro thermostats, as has been mentioned here before, Hospitality is on ZigbeePro...

RyanE

ryanE

is control4`s zigbee based on the 2004 or the 2006 protocol?

No, the firmwares dont match, and from my understanding is that your controller needs to have zigbee pro firmware on it to see zigbee pro devices, and there's no firmware up/downgrade available to flash the zigbee pro devices.

the zigbee 2006 standard and the zigbee pro standard is backwards compatable....but the 2004 standard is not!

The long and short of it is that you likely won't be able to identify those stats into a Control4 system without it running ZigbeePro.

I could be wrong now, but I don't think so.

RyanE

i get my controller on thursday........i guess i will test it out........if not the seller will take em back for the residential models........and it will cost me a whole 20 bucks........

No joke. My heat bill in the winter is over $300 per month, and my electric bill in the summer gets up there too.

I only have three thermostats (will add a 4th when the basement gets done). I can't imagine heating and cooling a home big enough to have 10!

Each room on it's own zone? My main floor is one zone with the exception of the master bedroom which is it's own zone. The upstairs is another zone. The basement will probably have one zone for the two bedrooms, and another zone for the game room/living room.

Is a zone for every room common? That seems like over kill to me.

Each room on it's own zone? My main floor is one zone with the exception of the master bedroom which is it's own zone. The upstairs is another zone. The basement will probably have one zone for the two bedrooms, and another zone for the game room/living room.

Is a zone for every room common? That seems like over kill to me.

yep.....we have animals so most of the doors are closed most of the time and a guest room @ the other end of the house.........so zoning was practical........lowe rthe tstats in the parts of the house that are not used alot........

i got the pdf files for the suite tstats....the guy i got them from says he has sold alot of them and no one has had ne issues with them........

Sounds like a salesman to me.

I would get in touch with some of his customers if it is possible and see if there is any truth to that. I don't know how he can be getting "alot of them" when they aren't available.

i got the pdf files for the suite tstats....the guy i got them from says he has sold alot of them and no one has had ne issues with them........

Sounds like a salesman to me.

I would get in touch with some of his customers if it is possible and see if there is any truth to that. I don't know how he can be getting "alot of them" when they aren't available.

not available?

he said i can send em back if i cannot get them to work..........so i am not worried about it......

i see........well if they work they work if they dont they dont........there is a driver for it in the composer 1.7.2.160......so thats all i am worried bout at this point........if they communicate sweet if not oh well...........

thursday will tell..........if not i`ll send em back for the residential ones...........no biggie really.........

The driver's not going to help you as the communication stack is Zigbee Pro, which isnt out for residential yet, and probably in 1.8 or 2.0 or 2.2 or wherever they decide to put it whenever it comes out. So even if there *is* a driver (which makes sense because they use the thermostat in Hospitality running Zigbee Pro already), it wont help much.

All this is IMO and subject to disproval by the great RyanE.

Archived