C4 Forums | Control4

Anybody have experience with speakers from The Speaker Company?

akg4y

My in ceiling speakers are by Elan and I really like them.

I haven't tried thespeakercompany, but the Elan's were attractively priced and came highly recommended for the $$$.

They sound good for my distributed audio.

I don't know what you mean with the "hm" part, but the Elan's were cheap. When I say cheap, I mean cheap. My cousin runs a home audio/home theater shop (not a C4 delaer though :-( ) that he hooked them up for like $65 a pair I think. My initial order was 7 pair and I remember it being about $480 or $500 bucks.

Thanks for the offer, I was just more curious than anything as to the quality levels. I have already purchased about 14 pair of Polk RC80i speakers for on the order of $105 each. I did a comparison of 4 sets of speakers on AVSForum (Monoprice, Phoenix Gold, Audiosource, and the Polks) and for the money the Audiosource and the Polks were far better than the other 2. The Polks were clearly the best but they generally run around $140-175/pair.

Ive heard good things about thespeakercompany and now Elan, so if I ever need more or have to swap something out Ill try those.

• 1 month later...

Check out the Parasound in wall speakers at audioadvisor.com. They're almost giving them away. Around $100 for Parasound makes genuine audiphile gear, those inwalls are highly rated and original retail is $500 - $800

• 2 weeks later...

Archived