C4 Forums | Control4

EVA 9150 Issues

jesh

Anybody having issues on the Eva 9150 when you play a video clip you can not stop it?

No matter what I do I can't stop it or even pause. If I go back to the menu, I can't navigate it either... any ideas?

After initial setup it appeared my C4 remote wouldn't control it at all. I was using an old V1 remote I had sitting around and thought that might be the problem so I tried an SR250 and it worked.

After that the V1 remote started working. don't know if that helps or not but it took using one of my SR250's to jumpstart mine.

After initial setup it appeared my C4 remote wouldn't control it at all. I was using an old V1 remote I had sitting around and thought that might be the problem so I tried an SR250 and it worked.

After that the V1 remote started working. don't know if that helps or not but it took using one of my SR250's to jumpstart mine.

Weird, I'm using SR250's :(

Anyone else have any insight on this??

I was just playing with one on a project this weekend, had no issues using a V2 remote. I've brought the player home to test some blu-ray files with this week, I'll see if I cant add it to my system with the SR250.

Weird, I tried rebooting everything just to make sure but still can't stop when anything plays. Even if I load one picture, I can't go to the next, or stop and go to any other menu, I have to completely cycle power.

Anyone??

I definately wasn't experiencing anything like that. I have a second netgear 9150 on the way too so I'll test that one as well. I'm sure that the customer this is for (who always manages to find the one bug that any product may have somehow) will tell me how reliable it is..lol

I definately wasn't experiencing anything like that. I have a second netgear 9150 on the way too so I'll test that one as well. I'm sure that the customer this is for (who always manages to find the one bug that any product may have somehow) will tell me how reliable it is..lol

Well no luck on it. I gave it to a friend. Oh well!

I dumped the C4 EVA8000 driver and had to make an IR driver (with all the missing codes that the C4 driver excluded). Works great and only took 10 minutes.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll pick another one up if they improve the driver w/o using IR.

I dumped the C4 EVA8000 driver and had to make an IR driver (with all the missing codes that the C4 driver excluded). Works great and only took 10 minutes.

I just ordered a EVA 9150 last night and should get it by the week-end. I hear a lot of people on this forum talking about writing drivers. Is it easy to do? Any chance you would be willing to share the drive you wrote? It would be nice to have a starting point. I am hoping my installer can get this to work with my C4 system. They kind of pushed me towards the Vudu XL but I am taking it back since I can't load my own DVDs on it. I have a large collection, and I don't want to buy them all over again or pay to rent movies I already own.

P.S It would be nice to see a Netgear EVA 9150 thread on this site.

There are several EVA 9150 threads on this site.

Just have him use the driver for the EVA8000. That is what I am doing currently and it works great! No issues whatsoever.

I used the EVA8000 driver and it was buggy. No numbers, missing 'back' button command, etc. Glad it worked for you, but it's not 100% else it would have worked for me too.

I just ordered a EVA 9150 last night and should get it by the week-end. I hear a lot of people on this forum talking about writing drivers. Is it easy to do? Any chance you would be willing to share the drive you wrote? It would be nice to have a starting point. I am hoping my installer can get this to work with my C4 system. They kind of pushed me towards the Vudu XL but I am taking it back since I can't load my own DVDs on it. I have a large collection' date=' and I don't want to buy them all over again or pay to rent movies I already own.

P.S It would be nice to see a Netgear EVA 9150 thread on this site.[/quote']

Here's the IR version. I'd prefer the IP, but I don't have time to fix the errors.

Archived