C4 Forums | Control4

HELP with whole house system - Can I do all this with Control4?

infojunkie

If you put all of your A/V stuff in a closet or rack, MAKE SURE the room has constant air conditioning to it. Most designers think simple fans work fine, but blowing hot air around doesn't cool anything off and you'll end up replacing your costly equipment much sooner than you'd want to...

If you learn from others' mistakes, hopefully you won't make any, right? :D

I have redundant (1) small (1) large super quite bathroom exhaust fans in my A/V closet, They are both hooked up to individual attic type thermostats. One is set at 75 and the other set at 85. The reason for 2 is in case one goes out and I don't know it. I am also in the process of installing a temp sensor to make an audible and visual announcement if the closet reaches 90. I cut drywall out and put a HEPA filter in the wall with an HVAC intake grill to conceal it. The small one runs drawing filtered air most of the time and the large one kicks in occasionally. Much cheaper then running an A/C unit all the time. The draw back is that now you have another filter to change every 3 months. If you want clean dust free air make sure you weather strip the door.

Archived