C4 Forums | Control4

Zigbee Server Keeps Dropping

Taylor

I know a few of us have talked about this before. (http://www.c4dealers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=150 ) The Media Controller will work for a bit with the Zigbee but then drops out again. It seems like if I restart it enough, or remove it enough out of my program then I can get it to come back on for a bit. Bah, I'm totally at a loss, and when I contacted Tech support they had no clue and told me to do the things I already did. Has anyone found a for sure way to get their zigbee to come back on? The link above that leads to the other topic has my screenshots from before, but it keeps doing it and won't get fixed.

Is the z-server service still running when the ZigBee drops out?

What about getting the z-server process to automatically restart during 1:00AM for example? This might prevent the ZigBee from dropping out. Another recommendation is to change ZigBee channel. You might be getting interference from other sources, and it is freaking out z-server. This is a pretty lame suggestion, because it is a last resort. But hell, it can't hurt to give it a go.

Archived