C4 Forums | Control4

Roku 4K Problems on C4-LU1082

I'm having issues with my C4-LU1082 HDMI Matrix switcher.  I have the same 4K TV in all rooms, they are brand new 2019 OLEDs and support every format out there today. There are NO 1080 devices anywhere.  I have 4 sources.

1) Roku Ultra 4K
2) Apple TV 4K
3) XFinity 4K DVR
4) Chromecast Ultra 4K

The device has been reset and calibrated, every device works correctly except the Roku 4K, my dealer is a little perplexed as well on how to fix it.  The issue is the Roku auto-detects correctly to 4K UHD 30hz, however it only negotiates at HDCP 1.4.  I've got 48Gbs HDMI cables everywhere.  If I plug the Roku directly into the TV (using the same cable) it works fine, HDCP 2.2 comes up, 4K UHD at 30hz or 60hz is fine.  But no matter what combo of settings I do, I can't get the Roku to go above HDCP 1.4 when going through the switcher even though it DOES run at 4K resolution wise, the menus show it at 4K, the screen is clearly in 4K but content fails because it thinks its at HDCP 1.4.

If anyone has any insight here, I'd appreciate it.  I also tried force setting the audio to PCM and force setting the device to 4K/30hz/UHD  and it does take it but still shows HDCP 1.4 and content won't work and throws the Roku HDCP error screen anytime I try to play 4K content.

It's only the Roku that's doing this.  The Apple TV, Xfinity, and Chromecast are all working beautiful at 4K/HDR/30Hz or 4K/60 non-HDR, flawless across the board.

If anyone has a Roku running on an LU1082 or any of the LU10XX series HDMI matrix switchers, and can successfully run HDCP 2.2 with 4K/60 or 4K/30/HDR I would really love to know the settings on the device.  Are you using auto-lock, are you using the advanced EDID groups?   What steps did you take to reset/re-calibrate?  Did certain devices have to be on/off during that time?

We're stumped on how to fix this...

-F

Hey chopedogg, that's actually the only setting I hadn't tried.  I just tried, and that fixed it... thank you so much.  I beat my head against this problem for a few hours and never thought to try that because I don't have any splitters or anything else in the system so it didn't even occur to me.

Everything is working great now, thanks again!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I have same issue with Intelix matrix switch INT-44HDX

Works with Lorex camera system

Works with Dune Media player

But causes Roku Ultra to lock up, stays on screensaver screen, if i hit any button on Roku remote will go black screen then back to screensaver. With Control 4 remote does the same thing.

Do you have any suggestions? Do not see many settings will log into matrix switch through my local network.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.