C4 Forums | Control4

add my logo on the gui

shukic

Modifying the GUI hasn't officially been possible since 1.3.2 was released.

However, we do offer a service for our Control4 customers that will modify the GUI to their liking.

home_background-NEW.jpg

Old iPhone pic: (I'll get a better one tonight)

6905752.jpg

It takes a bit of work to get it going. Hopefully whenever the flash GUI comes out, it will be easier for dealers to customize.

so , how can i do the same as you doing putting your logo on the gui ?

Unfortunately, as it's not a supported or documented feature anymore, and because I had to modify several files to get it to work, and that it breaks on every update, I only offer this to my customers.

I see that Vizio TV and I'm wondering if you have discrete on/off IR codes?

Nice GUI by the way.

That's at my house, and I know I'll get some ribbing for this, but I havent hooked up that IR emitter yet to the cat5 behind the tv for control :rolleyes::P

I have spoken with Vizio (actually got a tech support guy on the phone) and was told that they don't have any discrete on/off IR codes for their TVs.

When I saw your photo (and what looked to be an IR emitter) I figured that possibly you found a discrete on/off.

My dealer uses the POWER_STATE variable associated with the TV which seems to do a good job following the power state of the TV. However, both he and I were disappointed that there was no discrete on/off IR code.

I have spoken with Vizio (actually got a tech support guy on the phone) and was told that they don't have any discrete on/off IR codes for their TVs.

When I saw your photo (and what looked to be an IR emitter) I figured that possibly you found a discrete on/off.

My dealer uses the POWER_STATE variable associated with the TV which seems to do a good job following the power state of the TV. However, both he and I were disappointed that there was no discrete on/off IR code.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'll do that or use an outlet switch. At least they have discrete input buttons, my THX panasonic plasma doesnt even have that:rolleyes:

• 6 months later...

However, we do offer a service for our Control4 customers that will modify the GUI to their liking.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/thecodeman/home_background-NEW.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/thecodeman/6905752.jpg

It takes a bit of work to get it going. Hopefully whenever the flash GUI comes out, it will be easier for dealers to customize.

Are the icons on the tv screen for each input capable to being changed like what you have?

That is very very cool, especially like the video (popcorn) icon.

The C4 logo can remain, not concerned about that.

Thanks!!

However' date=' we do offer a service for our Control4 customers that will modify the GUI to their liking.

[url']http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/thecodeman/home_background-NEW.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/thecodeman/6905752.jpg

Are the icons on the tv screen for each input capable to being changed like what you have?

That is very very cool, especially like the video (popcorn) icon.

The C4 logo can remain, not concerned about that.

Thanks!!

Yes, everything on the gui can be changed with patience and elbow grease.

• 7 months later...
Don - the power sensing on the C4 outlet's work very well. I haven't used it on a TV, but I have used it successfully.

That's brilliant. I'm going to have to incorporate some of those switches into my system for devices that only speak IR or have no discrete on/off codes.

Don

Yeah, it works great for that. Be warned that some devices draw power all the time, whether they are on or off. A lot of devices simply go in to "standby" mode when you turn them "off".

Something to think about.

Yeah, it works great for that. Be warned that some devices draw power all the time, whether they are on or off. A lot of devices simply go in to "standby" mode when you turn them "off".

Something to think about.

Is it flexible enough to know how much current is being drawn or is it more of an off/on type of draw monitor? I know my devices tend to use less than 2% of their fully powered on power when in standby mode. The biggest hog on standby is the AppleTV.. that thing never seems to power down.

Thanks!

Don

You sync the equipment to the outlet switch. The process reads the power on draw and power off draw and sets to those levels. If your equipment always goes into standby mode without every fully powering down, I would think you would use that state as the "off" draw when syncing.

Archived