C4 Forums | Control4

Controlling Zone Volume w/ Hand Remote

AS2

Is it possible to control multiple zone volumes from a single hand-held C4 remote. I have a customer who is looking for zone audio, and doesn't plan to use touchscreens or on-screen prompts. It seems to me that means he'd have to switch rooms on the remote to change the volume per each zone. Anyone know another way to do this?

thanks,

AS2

Depends on whether he or she always wants the zones to ramp in volume together. If this is the case, then tie them using a container.

The alternative is to use something like the custom buttons. You could define a custom button that ramps the volume up/down in a set number of rooms. You can call the tab volume, and have buttons:

1) Up (Thtre, Bed, Out)

2) Up (Theatre, Bedroom)

3) Down (Theatre, Bedroom, Outside)

4) Down (Theatre, Bedroom)

Within programming you will need to emit the relevant IR commands or increase the VOLUME_LEVEL by a set amount. The method you use to increase the volume will depend on the equipment you are currently using. Please note if you are not using the Amp Switch, then be prepared to start mucking around with the volume increase rates to try and get the rooms to ramp at the same rate.

Amazing! I have to say Samer, you've got all the work arounds. Thank you for this idea too. I think the zones are all going to be amplified by the C4 Multi-Channel Amplifier - does that make things easier?

thanks again,

AS2

Archived