C4 Forums | Control4

Samsung LED TV's & Control4

D-gen

Has anyone connected the control4 to the new Sammy LED TV's (UN556000B/7000B)? If so how were the results? Is there rs232 connectivity?

I am to novice to ask the correct questions. I am certain from reading these forums that the more experienced users will know what to look for. Any feedback from installers would be greatly appreciated as well. My dealer has not used the LED TV yet so....

Thank you from a newbie!

I dont know the answer to your question, but have you already purchased the TV? If not you may want to wait for the new Samsung line that is supposed to come out in fall... they will have the local LED dimming (better black levels) as opposed to the edge lit LEDs.

akg4y.....I have not purchased the tv yet and probably wont until fall. That is good info to have! Thank you. I am not sure I can afford this new tv on the day it is released. Even if I cant it still suggest that I should wait for the current crop will surely drop in price!

Sparks.... Thank you as well for your reply. It is good to know it will work. The house already has a cable for an ir repeater if needed. Hopefully this does not mean an unsightly ir bug on the front of your beautiful tv! Also as to the repeat count.....I have no idea what that is or how it would affect me!! (sorry....i am a novice, at best) Please explain.

Thanks again

Repeat count is IR driver related. The higher the repeat count, the longer the IR command is executed from the C4 controller. For example, most C4 drivers have a repeat count of 5. If your TV uses discrete IR commands, you only need to have the repeat count on 1, maybe 2, depending on your location.

As for the IR bug on the front, have your dealer open up the back of the TV and install the IR emitter inside the TV. Makes for a much cleaner install and no worries about interference, maid knocking it off, etc.

maid knocking it off

This one is a constant problem for me :lol::lol::lol:

I would love to have them mounted inside the TV. I have Pioneer Plasmas and my dealer said he wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Any dealers in Utah willing to give it a go?

You can do it, there's probably a tutorial video on Youtube or at least somewhere on the internets.

D-gen - The price of the current crop probably wont drop because they were recently released as well, Samsung is basically going to market them as two separate product lines... the new model may be called the U55B9000 and my guess is it will probably be $300-500 more than the U55B8000.

Well I haven't had the chance to play with C4 on one yet, but I got to wall mount the 55" on the new 'slim mount' last week. Damn slick, end result was exactly 2" off the wall to the face... looks like a picture rather than a TV.

Well I haven't had the chance to play with C4 on one yet, but I got to wall mount the 55" on the new 'slim mount' last week. Damn slick, end result was exactly 2" off the wall to the face... looks like a picture rather than a TV.

Wow, that is nuts. My TV's that are on slim mounts aren't that close, and I thought they were really tight.

I'll have to go measure mine now.

• 4 weeks later...
I dont know the answer to your question, but have you already purchased the TV? If not you may want to wait for the new Samsung line that is supposed to come out in fall... they will have the local LED dimming (better black levels) as opposed to the edge lit LEDs.

LED TV is a term used by Samsung to describe its line of LCD (liquid crystal display) TVsthat use LED backlighting.

LED-backlit LCD TVs do differ from conventional LCD TVs in some important areas:

1- They can produce a very bright image and deep blacks (doesn't work for Edge-LED

2- With Edge-LED lighting they can be extremely slim.

3- They can offer lower power consumption.

4- They can offer a wider colour gamut, especially when RGB-LED backlighting is used.

does anyone know why there is a line accross the image of Mav-Jason's TV. I have that line on my panasonic 50 inch. Also mine Rolls from bottom to top. Sometimes it is worse than others. I think it depends on which imput. The dealer claims it is a bad ground but does not wish to get rid of it?

Amy thoughts?

does anyone know why there is a line accross the image of Mav-Jason's TV. I have that line on my panasonic 50 inch. Also mine Rolls from bottom to top. Sometimes it is worse than others. I think it depends on which imput. The dealer claims it is a bad ground but does not wish to get rid of it?

Amy thoughts?

Here is a way to test if you have a ground loop. Many times the ground loop will manifest itself as a rolling hum bar across the TV.

Take one of those 3 prong ground adapters and plug it into the TV to temporary remove the ground from the TV. If the hum bars go away you have a ground loop problem.

Disclaimer. Permanently removing the ground from your TV is a safety risk. Do not leave the ground adapter plugged into your TV as a long solution.

Thank you Alan.

I forgot to mention my dealer told me to remove the ground prong from the plug.

I did comply with his request and it is still there. My wife thought it was better but I do not see any change.

Matt

Other equipment in your system could be causing the problem. Cable TV is also notorious for causing these issues.

Hmm not sure what line you are seeing, but the line in the pic is from the flash. Look at the bezel/ frame... same thing. That line is from the camera and not visible while viewing the set in person.

Again, not sure what line you may be experiencing.

Edit:

As I look closer, I also notice that that is a standard def image on the screen. Does not do the TV justice by any means. (my bad)

Archived