C4 Forums | Control4

HC-1000 v2 books open today

thecodeman

Control4 is pleased to announce the release of the Control4® Home Controller HC-1000 V2. Control4's highest performance controller just got even faster. The rack-mountable HC-1000 V2 now offers a higher performance processor, a faster SATA hard drive interface and Gigabit Ethernet capability to further improve the responsiveness of your customers' Control4 home automation systems. With the performance enhancements, the HC-1000 V2 is optimized to run as the dedicated primary controller with up to a 3x increase in performance when compared to the current HC-1000.

Features:

Dual-core 1.6 GHz processor - Increased overall system performance.

500 GB SATA hard drive - Store and manage your media using high data transfer rates.

Ethernet 10/100/1000 BaseT support - Connect to the fastest home networks.

Solid-state system storage for the operating system - Ensure continuous reliable operation.

Standard rack-mountable chassis - Cleanly mount in standard rack occupying two rack units of space.

Control4® Limited Warranty

The Home Controller HC-1000 V2 will carry the standard Control4® 2-year limited warranty.

The HC-1000 V2 is a replacement of the current HC-1000. First shipments started yesterday.

System Software version 1.7.3 or greater is required.

Where will the biggest performance on the HC-1000 V2 improvement be noticed when compared to the HC-1000?

The overall performance of the HC-1000 V2 is improved but the greatest improvements will be found in adding and managing media to the hard drive.

Does the HC-1000 V2 add any inputs or outputs as compared to the HC-1000?

Just like the HC-1000, the HC-1000 V2 is designed and optimized to be the dedicated primary controller in a Control4 home-automation system. Other controllers available from Control4 offer a variety of control inputs and outputs and video outputs for an on screen control interface.

MSRP: $2,995

http://www.control4.com/products/4/53/control4_home_controller_hc_1000/

Contact your dealer for availability or to place an order. :)

I think my dealer wants to take my 300 to the smoke-stage before he'll book my order. But, as long as you got me going, what two or three operations really tax a controller? Audio streaming three different feeds? It seems like lighting would just amount to a burst of CPU power then it's over.

Apparently, not everyone agrees-

"price is all relative - for systems I was involved with in the entertainment industry.... some of the control system hardware was not run on much more than this - but multiple redundant units with feedback for every process and the many of the systems ran on dos or were ladder type PLC programming - as all had to be real time control.... costs could run to over a 100,00$ for one controller system (1 controller)

The HC1000 is worth every penny in a larger system ..

compare the price to some of control4 alternatives - and its still a bargain"

Apparently, not everyone agrees-

"price is all relative - for systems I was involved with in the entertainment industry.... some of the control system hardware was not run on much more than this - but multiple redundant units with feedback for every process and the many of the systems ran on dos or were ladder type PLC programming - as all had to be real time control.... costs could run to over a 100,00$ for one controller system (1 controller)

The HC1000 is worth every penny in a larger system ..

compare the price to some of control4 alternatives - and its still a bargain"

why was my post above deleted ?

it promoting the hc100v2 as a good thing ! and just stating a fact !

this makes no sense - specially after 4 of my other posts were deleted for no reason

Yeah, what's up with this removing/editing of posts? Lippavisual had his post edited as well, although it is quoted further down thread.

The HC1000 V2 looks like a great unit. I had heard the price was going to come down, which didn't happen. Although that is dissapointing I am not saying it isn't still a good value.

You guys need to chill out a bit.

Yeah, what's up with this removing/editing of posts? Lippavisual had his post edited as well, although it is quoted further down thread.

I'm pretty sure Lippavisual edited his own post.

And the post that originally was complained about that it had been deleted, it was from another thread, and I believe is still there.

CytexOne is pretty hands-off on management of the forums, I have only VERY RARELY seen posts deleted.

RyanE

The processor/FSB/memory upgrades are pretty significant, in regards to computing performance. Would be interesting to know if the project is compiled to take advantage of the dual cores. How that translates in the C4 application will be known as soon as we get our hands on one. :)

The Control4 "application" running on the HC1000 is actually a series of applications, each of which can be run on one of the cores, so it's likely that Director would be on one core, and support apps possibly on the other core.

Same thing for the OS.

I'm pretty sure Director itself is not compiled for dual-core, as there's really no need to do so, and it could increase complexity.

RyanE

Archived