C4 Forums | Control4

Carrier Infinity Driver

5 minutes ago, tmj4 said:

We (Epic Systems) will be starting our development on a driver for the Carrier Infinity system soon (likely in the next week or so). We already have a signed developer/integrator contract with Carrier and will working with C4 to ensure proper end-user auth this week.

Fantastic! - so glad you guys are going to take this on. There are so many of us out there that need something better! - ideally local IP control. What concerns me is relying on their awful cloud which could be part of the issue.

1 hour ago, tmj4 said:

We (Epic Systems) will be starting our development on a driver for the Carrier Infinity system soon (likely in the next week or so). We already have a signed developer/integrator contract with Carrier and will working with C4 to ensure proper end-user auth this week.

Can’t wait. 

20 hours ago, tmj4 said:

Will end users have to pay for the driver or is Carrier paying for everything?

Just now, zaphod said:

Will end users have to pay for the driver or is Carrier paying for everything?

This is a driver being developed by us (Epic Systems) for sale by Epic Systems. Other than Carrier needing to provide official access to their cloud API, they are not involved in the process nor have provided any financial backing.

1 hour ago, tmj4 said:

This is a driver being developed by us (Epic Systems) for sale by Epic Systems. Other than Carrier needing to provide official access to their cloud API, they are not involved in the process nor have provided any financial backing.

Will be very happy to purchase if it works better than the current driver!

2 hours ago, WisC4 said:

Will be very happy to purchase if it works better than the current driver!

Just out of curiosity, do you have any experience with the current driver? If you do can you please explain how it works and how it performs. 

4 hours ago, tmj4 said:

I will be happy to pay for the driver. Also happy to test once available. This is a driver we have been waiting a long time for. 

Include me for sure! - Would be very happy to test it once in beta. The existing driver never worked for me. I tried over and over with their tech support which ultimately just faded away. It did confirm it had access to the Carrier Cloud but when I would make temp changes - nothing.

I have two full infinity systems each with three zones.

43 minutes ago, Rob21 said:

Just out of curiosity, do you have any experience with the current driver? If you do can you please explain how it works and how it performs. 

Tried for about 2 years to get DriversLab/Homeation Carrier Infinity driver to work - but it never did and then gave up.  Don't know if it's all faulty coding, or lack of proper setup, but never worked.  

1 minute ago, WisC4 said:

Tried for about 2 years to get DriversLab/Homeation Carrier Infinity driver to work - but it never did and then gave up.  Don't know if it's all faulty coding, or lack of proper setup, but never worked.  

How was the driver supposed to communicate? Serial? 

6 minutes ago, C4 User said:

This is a driver we have been waiting a long time for

Absolutely! That's why we're so excited and proud to be able to develop and bring this driver to integrators/dealers and the C4forums community! 

Stay posted!

Yup - same thing here. Like I said, even Carrier's own app sucks and takes a very long time from the time you enter a change to the thermostat until it actually registers. Ideally we could have direct IP local control? - I found the lead guy on LinkedIn at Carrier who deals with this. His name is Frank David. We exchanged emails in August 2021. This is what he said: "Sam, Thank you for purchasing Infinity products and yes, using the Infinity system control is required to get the advanced features for variable speed. We have some work to do to get connected with smart home integrations. We are currently working to improve our customer experience with third party integrations such as Contol4 and Apple HomeKit and others. I can’t give you specifics yet on when they will be available but know that we are working toward greater integration to smart home systems."

3 hours ago, tmj4 said:

Absolutely! That's why we're so excited and proud to be able to develop and bring this driver to integrators/dealers and the C4forums community! 

Stay posted!

Please try to provide options for serial and/or LAN control rather than relying on the cloud. Not sure if this is your choice but I figured I would ask. Thanks again!

4 hours ago, tmj4 said:

Stay posted!

Just to clarify - this will work via IP and you won't need the serial interface for this new driver?

On 3/7/2022 at 11:52 PM, zaphod said:

Just to clarify - this will work via IP and you won't need the serial interface for this new driver?

That is correct; this will be utilizing the OpenAPI cloud platform used by Carrier, Bryant and a whole slew of other brands under that umbrella.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, tmj4 said:

Development is underway and making progress! No further updates at this time.

Will your new driver work with systems that have the carrier SAM module installed? I never bought the original driver to test as I was told it wasn't reliable. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.