C4 Forums | Control4

Carrier Infinity Driver

1 minute ago, ERDrPC said:

Will your new driver work with systems that have the carrier SAM module installed? I never bought the original driver to test as I was told it wasn't reliable. 

We are not presently developing against the SAM module; this driver will leverage Carrier/Bryant's OpenAPI platform that is web-based. The driver will provide a link to login to your Carrier single sign-on (SSO) account that will authenticate the driver and allow it work moving forward. This is the same account you'd use to login to Carrier's app on your smart device.

• 5 weeks later...

On 5/7/2022 at 9:47 PM, C4 User said:

Any further updates on this driver?

Major development should hopefully be winding down in the next couple of weeks with some private testing and then potentially more public alpha/beta testing. Been working with C4/SnapOne to get a few bugs fixed in their code and the stat proxy; hoping a few of the bug cases that have been opened will get resolved soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, smccray said:

New carrier app next month. Crossing my fingers that the development of the c4 driver was stalled due to the new carrier app. Hopefully the new new carrier app will clear the way for new C4 integration!

@tmj4

Carrier app uses the same API that we are developing against and use. Just lots of nuances to account for and develop against. 

Are you able to prove the info indicating a new app is coming? Updated iOS app with some new features was released yesterday. 

Just now, tmj4 said:

Carrier app uses the same API that we are developing against and use. Just lots of nuances to account for and develop against. 

Are you able to prove the info indicating a new app is coming? Updated iOS app with some new features was released yesterday. 

I opened the old my infinity app and it prompted me to download the new app and alerted that the old app was going away in august. I downloaded the new app about 15 min ago. The new app seems to be connected to my thermostats, but I don’t know anything about the new features.

I’m not sure what you mean by proving the info indicating a new app. 

Just now, smccray said:

I opened the old my infinity app and it prompted me to download the new app and alerted that the old app was going away in august. I downloaded the new app about 15 min ago. The new app seems to be connected to my thermostats, but I don’t know anything about the new features.

I’m not sure what you mean by proving the info indicating a new app. 

iOS or Android? 

The notification indicating the old app is being retired is what I was after. 

The new app named "Carrier Home" or something else?

Just now, tmj4 said:

iOS or Android? 

The notification indicating the old app is being retired is what I was after. 

The new app named "Carrier Home" or something else?

iOS. Carrier home- looks like a much better interface than the old my infinity app. 

looking forward to hearing more about the new driver when it’s ready. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 6:42 AM, tmj4 said:

Development is still underway. Definitely not dead. We've been in a private beta for about 6 weeks and have had folks testing, providing feedback, and/or meeting with us on a screen share. 

Hoping to share more soon. 

Exciting! Looking forward to learning more about this driver!

On 9/19/2022 at 9:42 AM, tmj4 said:

Development is still underway. Definitely not dead. We've been in a private beta for about 6 weeks and have had folks testing, providing feedback, and/or meeting with us on a screen share. 

We will be happy customers as soon as this releases! Looking for any more beta users? We are stuck in the same boat as former homeation users who had a warranty claim on a thermostat and can't authenticate the replacement. 

We have three air handlers that cover a total of 11 zones. All zones have a respective room in C4. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 6:42 AM, tmj4 said:

Any further updates on the development?

• 3 weeks later...

Very excited to the driver show up in Driver Central.

@tmj4 - I was reading through the documentation and it mentions that only  Carrier Infinity systems with web control (via Carrier SSO) are supported, and  Bryant Evolution systems are not supported. Is this a hardware differentiation or is based on the web portal side? I've got a Bryant system, but can log into a web portal at https://www.myinfinitytouch.carrier.com/account and https://www.myevolutionconnex.bryant.com/account. Would I be able to use this driver?

Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.