C4 Forums | Control4

Carrier Infinity Driver

17 minutes ago, WisC4 said:

Has anyone installed yet and given it a whirl?

I’ve had the beta running in my system since July and it has been rock solid. My set up includes two Infinity Systems, one with 6 zones and one with three zones. I recommend this driver for anyone wanting to integrate their Infinity HVAC system into C4.

2 minutes ago, samsmoothjazz said:

I worked with the developer beta testing and the beta was great! I have two infinity systems each with 3 zones.

Any reason to believe they'll work better/ more consistently than the old DriversLab driver for Carrier Infinity?

The old driverslab driver was awful and never worked. This one actually works and nicely. One thing I'm still waiting for is updated firmware for one of my Infinity thermostats. One of two got the firmware update which makes it so much faster at responding to event changes. Carrier pulled the firmware update for some reason and told me this on the phone. This driver works well with both thermostats but the updated firmware makes it even more responsive.

I’m going to install it after Thanksgiving and check it out.

Just throwing this out there. $275 MSRP- Not cheap.  Given that the driver interfaces the project with the carrier website, we’re relying on Carrier to keep the API active.  I’ve seen a lot of drivers using this type of interface (to a website) stop working because the manufacturer stops supporting the api.

I’m sympathetic to the economics for the developer.  I’m going to look at a trial and consider it, but I may be priced out.

1 hour ago, smccray said:

I’m going to install it after Thanksgiving and check it out.

Just throwing this out there. $275 MSRP- Not cheap.  Given that the driver interfaces the project with the carrier website, we’re relying on Carrier to keep the API active.  I’ve seen a lot of drivers using this type of interface (to a website) stop working because the manufacturer stops supporting the api.

I’m sympathetic to the economics for the developer.  I’m going to look at a trial and consider it, but I may be priced out.

I don't remember what I threw away on the Driverslab version, $150? maybe $200?

34 minutes ago, C4 User said:

For those of us that have been asking for this driver for many years I am happy to pay the $275. I know for some that is too much but it takes financial incentive to write drivers like this.

If Driver Central will warranty that the driver will be functional for 60 months, I’d buy it tomorrow too!

The economics have to work for the developer I agree. They also have to work for the customer.  $275 and it interfaces directly to the thermostats (not the carrier website)- I’m a buyer.  Dependent on carrier to continue supporting the API?  I’m relying on Carrier to keep the driver functional which could change at any time. I’ve seen too much, or I’m too cynical…

We developed the driver working closely with Carrier and Control4.  If Carrier changes the API, we will be informed.  Its not a reverse-engineered driver...it works in a similar fashion as all of the other Control4-developed thermostat drivers (Nest, Honeywell, Ecobee are good examples) - via a cloud-based API, not direct IP connections.

Regarding 60 month warranty, that's pretty comical.  All of your Control4 equipment, and pretty much anything else you probably have purchased for a lot more money (appliances, electronics, etc) probably included a 12-month warranty, maybe 24 months in the case of Control4.

7 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

We developed the driver working closely with Carrier and Control4.  If Carrier changes the API, we will be informed.  Its not a reverse-engineered driver...it works in a similar fashion as all of the other Control4-developed thermostat drivers (Nest, Honeywell, Ecobee are good examples) - via a cloud-based API, not direct IP connections.

This is great! For what the Infiniti thermostat costs, this is a great solution!

Unfortunately for me, I had ripped mine out years ago   :(   

• 3 weeks later...

A new version (730) of the driver has been released which includes our official support for Bryant Evolution systems. More details can be seen below:

• Bryant Evolution compatibility
  • More robust system-zone relationship extraction from OpenAPI for initial setup
  • Better infinite/permanent hold support
  • Clearer documentation for initial setup

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.