C4 Forums | Control4

Remote Jacket for v1 and v2 remotes?

mthomtech

I cracked enough LCD screens on my old v1 remotes, wondering if any has seen or heard of any remote jackets ... like they have for Wii remotes?

I'm slowly accumulating an army of remotes ... 5 perfect ones, plus 3 that work but have a cracked screen.

I doubt that a remote jacket would help all that much.

The v.2 remote's LCD is *considerably* more durable than the LCD on the v.1. I've never cracked a v.2, and the product manager over remotes was throwing a v.2 on the floor, against walls, etc., without being able to crack it just before the v.2 release.

RyanE

That's pretty impressive. My v1's typically bit the dust after the second fall. What's the minimum software version required for v2's? the SR-250's? I may start replacing with higher versions when these see their final day.

I still use the 3 w/o the LCD screens as backups. You get so used the the commands that you almost don't need the screens for everyday use.

I've posted before (usually to mockery and derision :P ) that I keep one of our remotes vacuum sealed in a foodsaver vacuum bag to use in the shower (there's a TV and a C4 zone in there). It's been in there 2 years and never a drop of moisture. Plus, I think it floats. It's a double layer of thick clear plastic, so I suspect it'd be pretty good for avoiding broken LCDs as well. Let me know if anyone would like a photo of the end product.

Archived