C4 Forums | Control4

Integrate streaming internetradio

monostump

The possibility to listen to internetradio. Ok, the sound is not like u have from a FM-radio or from your local music collection.

Maybe to integrate an internetradio in the touchpanels. And then u can tune in every radiochannel on the internet.

I wanted it integrated into the GUI. This seems like it would be so easy to do. It would be just like adding a traffic camera or something - just plug in the URL.

While you cant type the URL in the GUI, you can type it into composer HE, then it shows up as a station just like XM, FM, AM, TV stations, etc.

I wanted it integrated into the GUI. This seems like it would be so easy to do. It would be just like adding a traffic camera or something - just plug in the URL.

While you cant type the URL in the GUI' date=' you can type it into composer HE, then it shows up as a station just like XM, FM, AM, TV stations, etc.[/quote']

So you're telling me that this functionality currently exists?

I can go and add this as a station and stream it through my C4 amp?

While you cant type the URL in the GUI' date=' you can type it into composer HE, then it shows up as a station just like XM, FM, AM, TV stations, etc.[/quote']

So you're telling me that this functionality currently exists?

I can go and add this as a station and stream it through my C4 amp?

What version of the XBMC driver do you have?

What is XBMC running on?

How is it connected to your control4 system?

I don't have XBMC. I do have an old XBOX sitting around somewhere, hasn't been hooked up in years. I guess I could put that to work.

I was saying that I think this would be an easy feature to integrate into C4 natively, not using XBMC.

I thought you were implying that I could do this WITHOUT XBMC, which is what I was hoping for.

I'm putting my vote in for this one. This would be amazing if I could listen to 1 of the soma.fm stations on the hc300. I would love it if I could tune to an internet station (a .pls file) right from the control4 OSD or direct from the remote. I imagine this would require another binary/daemon running on the hc300 to handle streaming music? Pretty please? :)

I'll put a vote in (again) for proper implementation of this...in meantime,

yes it can be done via XBMC...AND via the Radio GUI button....cool....:)

I'm not 100% certain, but I think this is Mr A Chow's brilliant work again... I don't know if the updated driver has been released yet...

see

• 2 weeks later...

Archived