C4 Forums | Control4

Rumors about the new GUI in v2 regarding the MTS

Bedspread

That wouldn't surprise me.

In addition to budgeting for the paid upgrade, make sure you budget $6k-$10k to upgrade those touchpanels.

Its going to be an expensive year it sounds like. At least it sounds like it will be right before Christmas so I can justify it that way....

The money I did would be replacing a number of mini touchscreens with the 7 inch model.

With regards to the paid update, there is more cost involved than just labor. This will be the first update that Control4 charges for.

Wait does that mean if you want anything in your system to have the new GUI then you have to get rid of the old 4" units or will you be able to have the old GUI on the 4" and the new GUI everywhere else?

That is hard to say. I would imagine if 2.0 is not available on the mini-touch, it won't let you use the mini touch with the old GUI on a director running the new GUI.

I could be totally wrong, but as of right now the mini touch version and the director version must match. If the director is 2.0 the mini touch would need to be 2.0, and the mini touch can't be 2.0.

I never liked the mini touch so I just went with 10.5's, hopefully those will update.

I would think that would really alienate any customers <cough cough> that recently purchased systems with a lot of 4" touch screens and now find out that they either have to spend a ton to upgrade hardware if they want the new GUI, or they are stuck with an outdated GUI. Hopefully that isnt the case... if it is then they should have stopped offering the 4" touch screens the second they knew it wouldnt work with the new GUI.

Since Control4 has not even officially announced *1.8* yet, discussions about what is contained in 2.0 and how that affects existing customers, etc. are a bit premature.

I'd recommend the 7" in-wall over the mini-touch regardless of what the future brings. It's a much better, current-generation platform.

RyanE

Archived