C4 Forums | Control4

Media Player that can work with C4

ladams

Are you ripping your Blu-rays to .iso? I have a 9150 and can not get blue rays ripped to .iso to play on it. Whats the trick?

Rip them to m2ts.

There is some great info on this topic in the NetGear forums.

Are you able to stream video through c4? I understood this was not able to be done at this time

Are you ripping your Blu-rays to .iso? I have a 9150 and can not get blue rays ripped to .iso to play on it. Whats the trick?

Rip them to m2ts.

There is some great info on this topic in the NetGear forums.

Are you able to stream video through c4? I understood this was not able to be done at this time

You dont use Control4 to stream the video, it controls the playback devices. Certain two-way controllable devices, as mentioned in this thread, allow you to have the coverart view through the Control4 GUI.

Even if C4 releases another media player, you'll still have to rip and encode your media library unless it's a jukebox of DVD or Blu Ray discs.

On Windows, Slysoft's AnyDVD is the most popular ripping and encoding tool.

I use Mac The Ripper and DVD Decryptor (Win) to rip to ISO (no encoding involved). I play ISO directly using Boxee running on my Apple TV (which is added to my C4 project). Sometimes I encode the movies using a Turbo 264 HD USB device from Elgato. Encodes only take about 30 minutes instead of hours for a full length fetaure film.

If you want a good magazine in regards to this very subject, I just picked up a Maximum PC special edition at Wal-Mart this weekend that talks about using various software to rip/transcode DVDs and Blu-ray movies.

Some of it is online too, it seems.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/rip_your_movie_dvds_and_watch_them_anywhere

Archived