C4 Forums | Control4

Rhapsody pricing

tebery

I called Rhapsody today to cancel my service ($12.99 a month is a little high) They informed me that 'Today they can offer me the exact same service and feature for only $5 a month' So I took them up on it. If you are paying more than $5, give them a call.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I called Rhapsody today to cancel my service ($12.99 a month is a little high) They informed me that 'Today they can offer me the exact same service and feature for only $5 a month' So I took them up on it. If you are paying more than $5, give them a call.

Awsome! I think you deserve something out of this for posting. Lets see, here's a smiley face thingy :)

That is good to know. For $5 a month I will give it a try. For $12.99 per month I think my 620 gigs of MP3's work out great.

You might need to be "exisiting" but I think if your real nice to her on the phone she'll give you the deal. BTW, Rhapsody is really nice through C4. I don't hit-up my moldy dvd collection hardly at all...

I can confirm that the price of $5 is available. I called the 866 number today and they changed my pricing. I was paying annually but now my account will go much longer for the annual price that I paid last January.

BTW, I have about 200 gig of mp3 and I listen to Rhapsody much more now because I can easily explore new artists, genres, etc. I also really enjoy pandora and I stream it via an airport express to my audio matrix switch. It comes off of my iMac and streams to the airport express then throughout my house via C4 zones. Pandora is fantastic.

With the combination of Pandora and Rhapsody, I don't see the need to "own" music any longer and at $5/month for Rhapsody, you cannot beat it.

Hey - I'm existing customer since 2007. I think the big switch on this is they move you from monthly to annual on the subscription so they get their money up front. I would bet you can get that deal. # is 866 597 5465

Good luck.

FYI

I do the same thing with XM in my car. $4 a month for 3 months, then I cancel, 2 to 3 weeks later they offer me the same deal.

Also with Directv, you can call every 12 months tell them you are thinking of canceling and see what kind of deal they can offer to keep you.

Hey - I'm existing customer since 2007. I think the big switch on this is they move you from monthly to annual on the subscription so they get their money up front. I would bet you can get that deal. # is 866 597 5465

Good luck.

I was not told a lump-sum payment would be needed.

No I was an existing customer.

Worse case sign up for 12.99 and then "cancel" next day!

Doesn't it have a 30 day free trial my dealer can activate somehow?

Maybe I should do that, and at the end of the 30 days demand the $5/mo pricing structure.

No I was an existing customer.

Worse case sign up for 12.99 and then "cancel" next day!

Doesn't it have a 30 day free trial my dealer can activate somehow?

Maybe I should do that' date=' and at the end of the 30 days demand the $5/mo pricing structure.[/quote']

Rhapsody has had a free trial ever since 1.6.x

My 2 cents here -

There are two places you can "sign-up"

1) via the Director interface - you can get a 30 day trial.

2) If you do it on the Web via Control4 link you need to give them your credit card information.. And it is only good for 14 days!

I know this since I have done both. I will cancel one of them and also ask for the $5/month deal.

I have had it now for a few hours so still getting used to it but so far I like it a lot!

Steve

My 2 cents here -

There are two places you can "sign-up"

1) via the Director interface - you can get a 30 day trial.

2) If you do it on the Web via Control4 link you need to give them your credit card information.. And it is only good for 14 days!

I know this since I have done both. I will cancel one of them and also ask for the $5/month deal.

I have had it now for a few hours so still getting used to it but so far I like it a lot!

Steve

Latest Update - I signed up two days ago on-line and decided I liked the service (Rhapsody Unlimited) however did not like the $12.95/month.

So I called the 866 phone number above and just got this changed to an annual fee of $5/month. I had to sign-up for a annual membership of $60/yr and pay the yearly fee now however, that is not bad. They also prorated the first month with credit that I had when signing up.

Highly recommend this service. Many many to choose from.

:):)

Steve

Tried doing it through online customer chat and no dice. My question is if I call and cancel and they don't offer it can I reinstate my account without losing all my settings and playlists?

They will offer it. Just get ahold of a human.

Archived