C4 Forums | Control4

Rhapsody pricing

tebery

Tried doing it through online customer chat and no dice. My question is if I call and cancel and they don't offer it can I reinstate my account without losing all my settings and playlists?

I called the 866 number above (866-597-5465) and got a human - actually I think I was talking with India. Ok though.

The number is actually a cancellation number to cancel the service.

I told here that I wanted to cancel due to the high price and also the slow service (had to think of something else). Se finally told me that they offer a annual service for $60/yr and then changed my acct to that one... Also mentioned that a friend told me he was paying $5/month

She later sent me an email confirming the change.

Steve

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Call back. I'm sure they can't screw it up more than you already have :)

Huh? What did I screw up? Are you guys getting the to go plan for 5 a month? I told the guy, that I could barely understand, that my kids used there mp3 players with the service but he would only give me the unlimited.

My $60 a year was not the to go....that is probably more $

Call back. I'm sure they can't screw it up more than you already have :)

Huh? What did I screw up? Are you guys getting the to go plan for 5 a month? I told the guy' date=' that I could barely understand, that my kids used there mp3 players with the service but he would only give me the unlimited.[/quote']

• 3 weeks later...

Must you register with only Control4? When I called Control4, they responded that they only register the On the Go for 1 year prepaid . If you want anything else they said contact Rhapsody for the 14 day free trial. I just finished my 30 day free trial with Control4. When I called Rhapsody, it seemed like the person at the other end did not understand me!

• 2 weeks later...

I called Rhapsody to cancel and they didn't make the offer. i was told the offer ran out last month but if i had the email address of a friend who got the offer, they would see what they could do to honor it. Do any of you that got the price reduction want to be my 'friend' and let me provide their e-mail address to Rhapsody as proof?

I realize I could just grab an email address and use that but thought it better if I ask. Pleeeease?

• 2 months later...
Guys -

How do I sign up for Rhapsody. I tried the Control4 trial sometime back? How do I sign up now? Through the site and then enter the account information in Composer?

Help?

Thanks

If you're in Canada, Rhapsody is not available to you because of label agreements.

You go to rhapsody.com, and sign up for an account.

At least, that's what I did. Worked fine.

You then put your info into the Control4 system, either under Agents -> Rhapsody, or on the Navigator when it prompts for it when you select Rhapsody.

RyanE

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but if you are a Comcast customer you can get Rhapsody Radio for free. After my 30 day trial was up with Rhapsody, I switch to this. It is limitted in that you can't stream exactly what you want but does give you access to the common Rhapsody Radio channels.

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but if you are a Comcast customer you can get Rhapsody Radio for free. After my 30 day trial was up with Rhapsody, I switch to this. It is limitted in that you can't stream exactly what you want but does give you access to the common Rhapsody Radio channels.

Please, tell more. I am a Comcast customer and haven't subscribed to Rhapsody yet because I have a HUGE music library.

Not that getting something for free is bad but you would be missing a great deal of enjoyment if just the "radio channels" are offered. Specifc search criteria and playlists are very fun and useful.

• 4 months later...

So I finally got around to trying out Rhapsody a couple of months ago, and I really like it....but I don't know if it is worth $12.99/month. I remembered this thread and called the 1-800 number and was greeted with a recording stating cancellations are now handled online at www.rhapsody.com/cancel. I went to the site and all I can get it to offer in terms of pricing concessions is Rhapsody Premier for $9.99/mo. $3/mo savings would be good, I just don't know if Rhapsody Premier will work! Does anyone know if Rhapsody Premier will work with C4?

Also, what about the Comcast thing? Will that work with C4?

Archived