C4 Forums | Control4

c4forums.com Suggestions, Updates, & Requests

Taylor

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Slemay,

I will be integrating this ASAP (Hopefully by this weekend). For now on the home page in the bottom left you can click, "Most Recent Posts" Which will essentially do the same thing.

Dan

Yes Dan - I've found that and it's great too (just again - positiong it to the top makes it easier). One other thing, not as important, but a "wish" feature that I also like about Brian's message boards - after you READ a message in the NEW MESSAGES are - it goes away (instead of dimming the square in front of it). Is there an OPTION that users could set that could allow this here too? I can see the benefits both ways. Thanks,

Shawn

That actual view is available on the Top right of the index screen, show posts since last visit.

We will have both of these options available extremely easily very soon... I just need to get myself in the "PHP coding zone"....

Dan

• 3 weeks later...
I will be integrating this ASAP (Hopefully by this weekend). For now on the home page in the bottom left you can click, "Most Recent Posts" Which will essentially do the same thing.

Any news on this? Would be nice to get at least the show my posts and the what's new since last logon to be next to the RECENT POSTS (24 hours / 7 days)??? This way it's ALWAYS on the screen no matter where you are??? It seems the POSTS SINCE LAST LOGON has vanished in the past 24 hours too... :(

I will be integrating this ASAP (Hopefully by this weekend). For now on the home page in the bottom left you can click' date=' "Most Recent Posts" Which will essentially do the same thing.[/quote']

Any news on this? Would be nice to get at least the show my posts and the what's new since last logon to be next to the RECENT POSTS (24 hours / 7 days)??? This way it's ALWAYS on the screen no matter where you are??? It seems the POSTS SINCE LAST LOGON has vanished in the past 24 hours too... :(

The recent posts is probably your best bet... I can put the posts since last logon back on, but because of the Mark messages as read script i had to increase the last logon timeout so it didn't mark unread posts as read.... This made the other button inacurate.... i will try to work a workaround for this..

Dan

A bug I found, by the way, in the Recent Posts ( 24 Hours | 7 Days ) option - it doesn't keep me logged in. When I click on it - the next line that normally shows: Logged in as slemay changes to: You are not logged in.

I'm guessing it's because the url you're using changes from sending to www.c4forums.com to just sending to c4forums.com and the cookie isn't following it?

Thought you'd like to know! :)

A bug I found, by the way, in the Recent Posts ( 24 Hours | 7 Days ) option - it doesn't keep me logged in. When I click on it - the next line that normally shows: Logged in as slemay changes to: You are not logged in.

I'm guessing it's because the url you're using changes from sending to www.c4forums.com to just sending to c4forums.com and the cookie isn't following it?

Thought you'd like to know! :)

Thanks Slemay, fixed that.... I will work on a button for your posts and those other recommendations... next day or so they should be up..

Dan

• 1 month later...

Thanks for adding "Show new posts since last visit & Mark all topics as read" to the top of the pages - but it seems to disappear when REPLYING to a message and when READING a message - but all other menus it seems to stay up there. It would be VERY helpful if it could be up there all the time (like Show your posts does now). Thanks again Dan!

Shawn

Thanks for adding "Show new posts since last visit & Mark all topics as read" to the top of the pages - but it seems to disappear when REPLYING to a message and when READING a message - but all other menus it seems to stay up there. It would be VERY helpful if it could be up there all the time (like Show your posts does now). Thanks again Dan!

Shawn

All Fixed.

• 8 years later...

Archived