C4 Forums | Control4

New Network - Ruckus?

Time2Jet

I’ve come across 2 Ruckus New R510 Unleashed APs and a New Ruckus 12 Port PoE+ switch. A guy here that I trust really likes the Ruckus AP’s, albeit not sure if this model counts.

Coming from Pakedge and wanting to know thoughts on a 24 port main switch and a router. I don’t think I need a wireless controller with the Ruckus Unleashed AP’s. Can I keep the Pakedge and only replace the AP’s and the PoE+ switch? Don’t care if you recommend. It’s all very easy to sell stuff. It’s in good shape.

As for swapping out, I assume besides copying over my res table, I’d just do the standard settings and plug and play. I only have 6 PoE devices. 4 are +.

Ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just swapped 2 araknis 810 and 2 of the 700 series for 4 ruckus 610 unleashed and they really are noticeably better.  They are showing faster speed tests, greater coverage and no Devices fall offline. Even the dreaded crappy nest cameras are now Rock solid and have not fallen offline since the install. 

I just swapped 2 araknis 810 and 2 of the 700 series for 4 ruckus 610 unleashed and they really are noticeably better.  They are showing faster speed tests, greater coverage and no Devices fall offline. Even the dreaded crappy nest cameras are now Rock solid and have not fallen offline since the install. 

Wait... that’s confusing and I see Mitch “liked” it, so assume that you swapped out to Araknis?

Lots of us use Araknis and Ruckus

I love Ovrc and is my main draw for Araknis and has been for a while  (pakedge also-but bakpak is not as user friendly imo). But after hearing so many insist I try Ruckus access points, I gave it a shot. 

And I will say , it was more involved getting them initially setup,  but now I can go to my neighbors house and have nearly full wireless coverage. And I have over an acre of property. No drop offs at all. No need to split the SSID's..everything connects now. And my dreaded Micsrosoft surface laptops can now connect without any issues. 

The tech support for Araknis is top notch as well. These guys will remote in and test and reconfigure your entire network for you if needed. Since I didnt spend $900 per WAP on Ruckus I bought them new online and have zero support. I will say this...There is a value in support!

Ok so maybe a Lincoln MKC compared to a Mercedes AMG GLE (I was gonna say 2020 Supra compared to porsche 911) but thats really extreme

Nope, its just the crappy nest cameras. they were doing so good staying connected up until I wrote how good they were. Right after I wrote that, I got this message. Thankfully,  they are just secondary cameras to browse since I have Luma cams and NVR

Heads up.

Your Pond camera in Randolph is offline.

It disconnected at 7:33 AM. It might be because of an electrical outage, someone unplugging the camera or a bad internet connection.

Here’s the last thing your camera saw.

Coming from Pakedge, I will say once it’s setup proper, it’s hard to beat the reliability. I’ve never “had” to reboot the Pakedge, albeit I have it set to cycle weekly. The Ruckus were basically given to me brand new and I’d like to give them a go. I’m adding a 610 and a 710 unleashed. I’ll mostly connect to the 710 per where I spend the most time. For now I’ll run my Pakedge Router and Switch. At some point I’ll sell the Pakedge, but I’d prefer to sell it all to someone with access to BakPak.

I appreciate you sorting that out. It makes perfect sense now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.