C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Zappiti Media Player Driver

alanchow

27 minutes ago, BY96 said:

That fixed it. Thanks! 

Guess I assumed the selected device was known to the system, since the command was to play the Zappiti, but glad to learn something new! 

Thanks again! 

your programming is at the device level.  I program at the room which would look like

Room x

If current selected device = media player

> If play .....

> then mute on, delay, mute off

either way works just keep consistent and organized

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If I go through the C4 Zappiti Library (on the NEEO or app) and select a movie to watch, is there a way to then be taken automatically into the Zappiti controls? At the top of the movie description, I see where it says "Play" and to the right, there is an arrow pointing to the right. But all this does is play the movie without getting me into the Zappiti controls. I have to either hit "Home" and select the Zappiti player or I have to click back on multiple screens to get to the home menu. Am I missing something? Thanks! 

@alanchow

On 3/11/2023 at 7:42 AM, BY96 said:

If I go through the C4 Zappiti Library (on the NEEO or app) and select a movie to watch, is there a way to then be taken automatically into the Zappiti controls? At the top of the movie description, I see where it says "Play" and to the right, there is an arrow pointing to the right. But all this does is play the movie without getting me into the Zappiti controls. I have to either hit "Home" and select the Zappiti player or I have to click back on multiple screens to get to the home menu. Am I missing something? Thanks! 

@alanchow

Unfortunately due to limitations in Control4 we cannot automatically skip to the transport controls on mobile apps and touchscreens.

If you use a remote control like the SR260 with the on-screen this will not be an issue though 

5 hours ago, alanchow said:

Unfortunately due to limitations in Control4 we cannot automatically skip to the transport controls on mobile apps and touchscreens.

If you use a remote control like the SR260 with the on-screen this will not be an issue though 

Right now I am using a NEEO, so it doesn't work, but I am getting a Touch Halo with hard transport controls, so that will fix the issue for me. Thanks! 

7 hours ago, daveva said:

Why does some of the cover art not show up in the zappiti library. 

The driver only works with the zappiti CDN artwork.  It does not work with local artwork.  If you have your own custom artwork for a movie it won't work.

Others who have done their own custom artwork have resolved the issue by removing the movie and reading it to their library.

5 hours ago, BY96 said:

Right now I am using a NEEO, so it doesn't work, but I am getting a Touch Halo with hard transport controls, so that will fix the issue for me. Thanks! 

We haven't tested against the Halo.  Having said that we haven't had any issues raised either.

21 hours ago, BY96 said:

My work around for this is to have experience buttons which are transport controls on the first UI screen of the Neeo.

My work around for this is to have experience buttons which are transport controls on the first UI screen of the Neeo.
Maybe after I drink more coffee, I will feel stupid for asking, but what do you mean by "experience buttons"? Thanks! And sorry if it is a stupid question. 

Update - The coffee kicked in! You are referring to the five soft buttons that can be programmed for the room! Thanks for the idea.

45 minutes ago, BY96 said:

Maybe after I drink more coffee, I will feel stupid for asking, but what do you mean by "experience buttons"? Thanks! And sorry if it is a stupid question. 

Update - The coffee kicked in! You are referring to the five soft buttons that can be programmed for the room! Thanks for the idea.

Sorry - have some more coffee! The 5 buttons is an option but Experience buttons are more cool.  See photo below but forgive the poor colour / contrast and the finger prints on the screen!

185111CC-690D-4415-A378-D205CD917C2F.jpeg

Edited by South Africa C4 user

21 hours ago, alanchow said:

The driver only works with the zappiti CDN artwork.  It does not work with local artwork.  If you have your own custom artwork for a movie it won't work.

Others who have done their own custom artwork have resolved the issue by removing the movie and reading it to their library.

The zappiti CDN artwork is all I use. Sometimes I am able to choose a different artwork of the same movie and it works. Other times it doesn't

3 hours ago, daveva said:

The zappiti CDN artwork is all I use. Sometimes I am able to choose a different artwork of the same movie and it works. Other times it doesn't

When this happens please submit a ticket to our helpdesk and provide us with logs so we can troubleshoot.

2 hours ago, alanchow said:

When this happens please submit a ticket to our helpdesk and provide us with logs so we can troubleshoot.

I actually just noticed the same thing. I only am using artwork available on Zappiti, but in the app Library, only about 50% show. I will send a ticket later. Thanks. 

Update - Ticket submitted. Thanks! 

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.